What's your new role about?
Here at DAZN we broadcast hundreds of live sporting events each week, around the clock, and require scalable, reliable, solutions that form the backbone of our platform.
We have an exciting SDET opportunity within Product Engineering here at DAZN.
Specifically, this role is within our Operational Tools and Systems team (DOTS) where you will play a vital role within one of the teams building our editorial tools, media streaming and rights management platforms.
DAZN is growing rapidly; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who are happy to take ownership, enjoy solving complex problems and want to help us build a strong engineering culture of fun and inclusivity.
We’re now mostly a remote team, with only occasional office visits (post-covid) so we can get together, socialise, and meet other people in the flesh. On average we'd expect teams to meet up a few times a month.
At DAZN our SDETs work within a team made up of around 6 people, software engineers, a scrum master and often a BA. They are accountable for the team's test pipelines, automation scripts and the overall approach to testing the software they write. Our SDETS are software engineers, but they focus on making the team operate efficiently. They achieve this by automating everything that can be automated. They look for opportunities to speed up our delivery whilst reducing risk.
The teams at DAZN have a lot of autonomy so it's important to share knowledge across the business. Our SDETs build great relationships with the wider testing community; they share best practices, produce reusable code and share their expertise.
This role can be based in Leeds. The internal job title is Platform & Tooling - Software Engineer (QA)
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working (remove if role is 100% office based with shifts e.g. Broadcast Ops), and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Software Engineer - SDET, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Working within one of our product engineering teams, you'll create and maintain test cases covering feature requirements. You'll help the team test their software quality and ensure it fulfils the brief. In some cases, you may support multiple teams
- You'll pair with developers to build out test automation code and support them with your testing experience.
- You build testing into all stages of the development lifecycle, you're not just at the right side of the board!
- You'll create toolkits and libraries to help speed up development whilst increasing the team's confidence in their software
- You'll be constantly improving release processes and pipelines, working alongside engineers
- You'll work with stakeholders outside the team to manage releases and understand complex requirements
- Create and implement quality test automation tools, frameworks, and libraries to make writing software easy and enjoyable for everyone
- You'll be a champion for test and automation best practice within DOTS, and the wider business
- You'll work closely with stakeholders outside the team to orchestrate releases
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in software engineering, focusing on test and quality
- Working experience with multiple testing frameworks such as Test Cafe, Cypress, WebDriver and you're familiar with BDD
- Passion about testing systems and ensuring the team's output performs as expected
- Experience in testing both front-end and back-end services
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of AWS and provisioning infrastructure with code; we use Terraform
- Great communication, you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and actively coach your team in testing methodologies
- Working experience in teams using an agile approach to software development.
- Work with some amazingly talented individuals using some great tech
- Competitive Salary
- 15% annual bonus (Based on company and personal performance)
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible and Remote working opportunities
- Private medical cover
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Generous refer a friend scheme
- The latest MacBook Pro or equivalent Windows Laptop
- Full access to training resources on oreilly.com and acloudguru.com
- $150 annual home office support
- MyBenefits portal (cycle to work, shopping discounts etc)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.