What's your new role about?
Do you have a passion for sport? Can you create engaging content for online audiences? If your answer to both questions is YES, we may well have just the role for you at DAZN…
As an Editorial Assistant, you’ll be able to use your deep sports knowledge and editorial skills to compose concise and informative descriptions for sporting events broadcast on our Canada, USA and Rest of World platforms.
You will headline content and select images that make content appealing to the audience, making sure the final product is delivered to the highest possible standard. You’ll cover a wide range of sports from Combat Sports to Football to Motorsports and much more.
You will help shape the look and feel of the DAZN app, ensuring an A-class experience for the customer.
Due to our live sports schedule, working hours will involve nights, weekends, national and public holidays. This role is based in our Leeds office.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community including enhanced parental leave, electric vehicle benefit option, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Editorial Assistant you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Writing event descriptions to accompany live games and feature content across platforms
- Selecting and updating relevant imagery for each content tile
- Headlining content to ensure it captures the key selling point
- Checking metadata behind the tiles to ensure content is attached and able to play out correctly
- Working closely with editorial leadership to ensure the platform is performing at an optimal level
- Maintenance of rails to give the subscriber the best product possible
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong knowledge of and a passion for a wide range of major sports
- Demonstrable experience of online sports writing
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as well as the ability to react swiftly to developing storylines and situations
Even better if you have:
- Experience of working within the sports media industry
- Fluent in either French or Spanish
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.