What's your new role about?
Are you passionate about Technology and love the idea of leading technical incident management? If you thrive in a fast paced, tech-first environment and are ready to take a hands on technical approach to a 24x7 platform then this is a great opportunity to support the platform availability and technical monitoring of DAZN’s global cloud based sports streaming platform!
Join DAZN’s growing Technical Incident Management team as a Technology-focused leader to drive the evolution of the DAZN Critical Incidents Technical Response Group, handling all technical incident types. You will take ownership for Incident Management as the the key decision-maker and have the authority to direct the problem resolution path for the fastest restoration to any service. Through your management and restoration of impacted services from any critical incidents, you’ll apply the right technical resources and act as technical lead for major incident calls.
You’ll be involved in dynamic, varied work from determining the client impact, agreeing on resolution actions, managing the technical communication channel and collaborating with other Incident Managers. You will be passionate about delivering a Major Incident Management process of top quality and integrity to act as the interface to the other Technology and Development stakeholders. Plus, you’ll have a unique opportunity to interact with suppliers!
You’ll be joining a growing team who are constantly looking for ways to evolve our Technology with cutting edge solutions like AWS, ECS and Lambda and using varied languages from Node.JS to Java and PHP. We love innovation and out of the box thinking, so if you are looking for a chance to really push technical boundaries and work with the latest trends in Technology then DAZN is the place to be!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Technically lead all aspects of critical incidents focused on fast service restoration/recovery – bridge the team communication channels and sync-points for sub-tech teams leading investigations (including 3rd party vendors and DAZN engineering teams)
- Take ownership over the quality and integrity of the Major Incident Management process as the interface with OPS Incident Managers, Support teams, and DAZN Development/Engineering teams
- Support and lead technical incidents requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills of the team, this may include working across regions with other TIMs/ Engineering teams / Vendors /Suppliers to support 24x7 coverage
- Provide recommendations on troubleshooting and other Technology improvements to quickly resolve incidents, ensuring infrastructure and application stability
- Partner with other Support, Dev and Engineering teams to resolve difficult or unique system issues that team members are not equipped to handle
- Ensure the team meets resolution specifications as designed in the SLA while also enabling the reduction of resolution time
- Identify failure points driving availability and accelerating mean-time-to-repair including architecture, design, process improvements, software disciplines, testing, etc…
- Build strong internal and external relationships with technical teams, customers and third parties
- Act as a Customer Advocate - focus on what is deemed to be the best outcome for the customer
- Have an attitude of flexibility and willingness to support a 24x7 global operation via off-hours support or on-call availability
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Strategic and tactical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, while under pressure
- Working knowledge of ITIL including incident, problem, and change management components
- The ability to co-ordinate technical, incident and supplier side teams to ensure that all incidents are accurately prioritised and effectively managed
- Working knowledge and exposure with distributed systems across hyper-scale, AWS Cloud-based environments like Lambda, ECS and Kubernetes
- Extensive experience of managing major incidents especially those that have a significant cross service impact, including how to influence technical teams not under your direct control
- The ability to identify early indications of major incidents not progressing well and the skill to engage the right teams to get them on track
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; with a special focus on customer/client level interaction
- Practical experience with incident/outage and crisis management
- Hands on experience in working with monitoring tools like Check Mk / Nagios / Pager Duty / Datadog / New Relic or similar
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Broadcast industry experience and an understanding of broadcast systems/technologies
- Knowledge of ticketing systems – Service Now or JIRA
- Configuration Management understanding– Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This is an ambitious project with a fast, scalable release cycle. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a technology community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com