What's your new role about?
Does the thought of working for a truly global and rapidly expanding sports media business sound exciting?
At DAZN, you’ll get the unique opportunity to join a growing tax team and manage our global indirect tax compliance obligations. On top of this, you’ll also get the chance to manage a team member.
Against the backdrop of an exciting, fast paced and ever-growing company within the digital space, you will be responsible for all things VAT compliance related, including reviewing VAT returns, supporting with indirect tax audits and managing our internal VAT accounting position. You’ll also liaise with tax authorities and work closely together with third-party advisors and outsource providers.
If the challenge of a global compliance role in a rapidly changing industry excites you, this may just be the perfect new role for you!
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Managing the global indirect tax compliance process, including: Reviewing the in-house prepared UK VAT Group and MOSS Returns, other in-house prepared VAT returns and returns prepared by third-party outsource providers
- Ensuring the timely filing and payment of all VAT returns
- Supporting indirect tax audits and similar tax authority discussions (alongside third-party advisors as required)
- Managing our internal VAT accounting position, including reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journals, and ensuring the monthly clearing of VAT accounts
- Reviewing and enhancing existing VAT compliance processes and documentation
- Supporting the VP Indirect Tax with compliance related elements of advisory projects, e.g. new indirect tax registrations and the associated compliance
- Line managing a VAT Analyst, who will report to you
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 5+ years’ experience of VAT compliance management (preferably with a global remit), including the preparation/review of both UK and overseas VAT returns
- Experience of monthly VAT accounting/reconciliations, e.g. ledger experience, account clearing
- Confident in reviewing and improving indirect tax compliance and related VAT accounting processes
- Familiar in effectively managing external advisers and consultants
- You’ll be flexible and measured in your approach, allowing you to handle multiple tasks in an environment with rapidly shifting priorities and unpredictable demands
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- CTA and/or ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Either an interest or previous experience in managing a team
- Experience of using Oracle
- Department: Finance
- Internal Job Title: Global Indirect Tax Compliance Manager
- Reports To (title): VP Indirect Tax
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: Hanover House, Feltham, London
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
- Run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.