What's your new role about?
An experimentation culture is at the heart of DAZN’s product innovation strategy, in this new role you’ll use your analytical and statistical expertise to lead in the support and continuous evolution of our ambitious experimentation programme. That means collaborating with product managers, engineers and data scientists across the business to design and analyse big scale, online controlled experiments to quantify the value of every change we make to our product.
Based in Hammersmith, you will use your world class data modelling, statistics and data visualisation skills to provide insights pre & post experiment to DAZN’s Product function, across a wide array of verticals essential to the growth of DAZN, from supporting Content Discovery, Personalisation, Acquisition, Retention, Playback to New Markets and more.
You’ll find cutting edge technology here that supports our sport streaming platform. Big data isn’t a plan for us, it’s the reality – all our data sets are stored in Snowflake and orchestrated using Dataiku in a 100% cloud-based platform. As DAZN improves and grows at an incredible rate, we aim to adopt the latest trends in analytics and data science, meaning you’ll constantly get to develop your skill set too.
To keep it simple: You'll have the opportunity to support a broad range of projects in Product, demonstrating ground-breaking tools and techniques to best use DAZN’s vast data set. Get in touch if you want to implement big scale experimentation and put data at the heart of everything we do!
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Consult with stakeholders across the business to design experiments (ABn, multivariate etc.); deliver and present rich, actionable insight that ultimately enables a data-lead product cycle
- Deliver projects in an agile, scrum-based environment, working at the cadence of our product cycle
- Drive statistical innovation to ensure that we are using the most cutting-edge techniques to analyse experiment data
- Support in the technical development, rollout and documentation of an experimentation framework that enables the business to effectively maintain process, experimentation velocity & knowledge
- Develop novel causal impact techniques when traditional experimental approaches are not suitable
- Work with product managers to define and develop metrics that reflect both immediate and long-term behaviours
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Applied statistical experience across a wide range of methods
- Experience with R or Python (familiar with other preferred) and with SQL and running ETL
- A solution-based & active mindset, with ability to translate business problems into technical problems that can be solved using your toolkit
- Previous experience working on data science or statistical projects (either gained in university, during internships or a previous role)
- A strong communicator, confident presenting often technical subject matter to a wide range of stakeholders
- Great interpersonal skills, able to forge strong partnerships with product managers, engineers and data scientists
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Understanding or prior experience developing hypothesis testing frameworks to measure changes with a high degree of statistical rigour (test/control, sample sizing, data collection and cleaning, exploration, statistical analysis & sharing/storing results)
- Working knowledge of agile product development & testing life-cycle
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in 9 territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about Data and Technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help deliver a cutting edge streaming platform that reaches millions of users globally. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies to deliver a seamless user experience and support our global company.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work they produce, and we have a Data & Analytics community who are here to help!
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.