What's your new role about?
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across engineering teams. You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers. Sounds good? Keep reading.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to build and grow teams that will deliver and operate live large-scale services that augment our user's experience. You will have experience of promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility, preparing and enabling your teams to excel on LiveOps, promote data driven delivery decisions, and help engineering teams remain aligned with the business in an Agile environment. You will monitor the projects delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
You will join an diverse team of engineering managers, coming from various countries and backgrounds, but all of them forming a very supportive group of individuals, who strive for creating an inclusive, empowering and fun place to work for everyone around.
This role is be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Benefits will include: access to DAZN, 25 days’ holiday per year, an annual performance related bonus, pension plan, medical insurance discounts, commuter allowance/ NS business card for those of you living more than 10km away from the office, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working (remove if role is 100% office based with shifts e.g. Broadcast Ops), and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Software Engineering Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Making delivery focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Create a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through robust on time delivery and LiveOps
- Drive engineering excellence across engineering teams by supporting modern software engineering practices, robustness and Continuous Delivery
- Championing community-based discussions
- Recruitment and induction of new members of your team
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Previous experience of managing engineers
- Background as a Software Engineer and good understanding of technical aspects
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- Excellent influencing skills with people at all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Expert understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
Even better if you have:
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience with release level planning
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN we're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.