What's your new role about?
We are currently looking for a new Engineering Manager to join our ranks. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across engineering teams. You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers. Sounds good? Keep reading.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build and grow teams that will deliver and operate live large-scale services that augment our user's experience. You will have experience of promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility, preparing and enabling your teams to excel on LiveOps, promote data driven delivery decisions, and help engineering teams remain aligned with the business in an Agile environment. You will monitor the projects delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
As such, you are passionate, dynamic and collaborative! We are live globally and are determined in our continued efforts to remain a leader in the streaming community. Are you ready to have your work impact millions daily and change the OTT landscape?
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Making delivery focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Create a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through robust on time delivery and LiveOps
- Drive engineering excellence across engineering teams by supporting modern software engineering practices, robustness and Continuous Delivery
- Championing community-based discussions
- Recruitment and induction
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Previous experience of managing engineers
- Strong background as a Software Engineer and still be very technical
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with people at all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Expert understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO…
- Experience with managing budgets
- Strong team working with experience influencing across a matrix organisation
- Experience of release level planning
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN we're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We would actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.