What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 8 markets including Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, Canada and the USA and since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 200 million hours of content!
As a Software Development Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across engineering teams. You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers. Sounds good? Keep reading.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build and grow teams that will deliver and operate live large-scale services that augment our users experience. You will have experience of promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility, preparing and enabling your teams to excel on LiveOps, promote data driven delivery decisions, and help engineering teams remain aligned with the business in an Agile environment. You will monitor the projects delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production on time. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes – be a servant leader. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Making delivery focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Create a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through robust on time delivery and LiveOps
- Drive engineering excellence across engineering teams by supporting modern software engineering practices, robustness and Continuous Delivery
- Championing community-based discussions
- Recruitment and induction
YOU’VE GOT TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS TO DO YOUR JOB WELL…
- Previous experience of managing engineers
- Strong background as a Software Engineer and still be very technical
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with people at all seniority levels
- Ability to prioritise under pressure in a range of situations
- Expert understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE TOO…
- Experience with managing budgets
- Strong team working with experience influencing across a matrix organisation
- Experience of release level planning
PERKS, BENEFIT ETC. (MAY VARY ACCORDING TO YOUR OFFICE LOCATION)
- High End Laptops (Mac or PC)
- Charity events
- Access to DAZN
- Hosted meetups
- Budget to attend events & conferences
- Free Coffee/Tea/Milk/Cereals & Fruit
- Free Access to Safari Ebooks
- Yoga & Meditation Classes
- Multi-Faith Room
- Social Events
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Retirement/Pension Plan
- Life & Disability Coverage
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/