What's your new role about?
This is a new role within the DAZN Japan HR Team. This role will be responsible for providing a wide range of HR strategic services to the management team within DAZN Japan. This role is a hybrid position and will be assigned the duties of a recruiting responsibility and HR Manager responsibility for a few teams. The successful candidate will report to the Tokyo based DAZN Head of HR Japan and will work closely with the global Head of TA and team based in Tokyo.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity to move into one of the most exciting businesses in the sports industry and this will give you an opportunity to grow your career in the HR area.
We are looking for a creative, bilingual thinker who will drive new initiatives and programmes to support our exciting business.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Support change programs within DAZN as and when required
- Provide reliable advice on legal, contractual and HR issues in line with the local law
- Support and coach managers to effectively manage all aspects of employee relations and people issues ensuring a pragmatic business and best practice approach
- Build and execute recruitment strategy to include internal and external searches, identifying top talent across multiple skillsets and career levels
- Effectively partner with business and HR stakeholders to drive and own the local recruitment strategy.
- Deliver best-in-class experience to both internal and external parties.
- Conduct market research ensuring an ongoing understanding of overall recruitment landscape
- Collaborate with global Recruitment and HR teams to share best practice, knowledge and talent pools.
- Manage and nurture agency and third-party relationships, build long term partnership with external experts
- Lead the Graduate Programme/ Straight from Education Recruitment Initiative
- Provide reporting and recruitment data analytics to ensure decisions are data driven and supported
- Support the Head of HR as and when required on Divisional and company wide initiatives, for example Talent Management, Annual Salary Review, Personal Development Review process
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Combination of In-house and agency recruitment experience (5 years+)
- Bilingual, fluent Japanese and English
- Strong communication skills and awareness of culture specific styles
- Knowledge of media, production and/or broadcast and/or marketing recruitment strategies
- Global recruitment experience or local experience with international organization
- Proven success directly sourcing and adopting creative approaches to build candidate pipelines
- Expertise with specialist sourcing tools and social media strategies
- Experience in managing small teams
- Knowledge of workforce/recruitment legislation in Japan
- Customer driven, collaborative with a hands-on approach and the proven ability of identifying pragmatic business focused solutions to problems whilst recognising risks and implications of suggested actions
- Confident self-starter able to work independently in a business partnering manner as well as effectively as part of an HR team
- Enthusiastic about HR and what it can deliver with a successful track record of delivering HR services and business support
- Strong organisational capability, able to prioritise large volumes of diverse work effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong MS Office and IT literacy with the proven ability to create and deliver workshops and presentations
- Experience of working in a fast paced and sometimes unstructured environment helpful!
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Relo club employee benefit package – (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in office vending machines
- Free subscription on DAZN
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
- And there’s more… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development, and includes the structured management development programme.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world. Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport. Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles. The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.