What's your new role about?
As a senior member of the Business Development team in Tokyo, you will be responsible for managing several retail partners in Japan by managing several account managers. You will lead the business as well as the team by facilitating, enabling and also working with partners in order to drive brand awareness, engagement, adoption, loyalty and revenue. With strong organisation and project management skills, you will be required to build the strong and strategic relationship with our partners and execute the best possible result to DAZN.
As our new Head of Business Development, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Drive incremental subscribers for DAZN through the relationships with key partners in our value chain.
- Negotiate distribution agreements with partners to ensure that DAZN maximizes its sales opportunity whist maintaining healthy operating margins.
- Ensure that DAZN is visible and purchasable within highly-trafficked Gift Card malls and consumer electronics retail environment as they are purchasing Smart TVs, Steaming hardware, Games Consoles, tablets or other video viewing products.
- Be a key stakeholder to ensure that DAZN is supporting the right payment methods for our current and future subscribers across Japan.
- Take an initiative to represent partner marketing in Japan, ensuring that wider teams are aligned on strategy, campaigns and results.
- Shape and execute the partner marketing strategy to help advance exposure for our content and the brand in a way that also benefits our partners.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of our brand, ensuring that our brand guidelines and values are executed throughout partner campaigns.
- Work closely with VP of Business Development as well as the wider commercial, product, legal and social teams to ensure seamless communication with partners and execution of campaigns.
- Continually strive to deliver best in class Partner marketing programs across the
- Japanese market, working closely with the global team to ensure all campaigns delivery best results for both DAZN and Partners.
- You may be in charge of other duties to strive our partnership relationship as required and necessary
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Fluent in Japanese and business level English.
- Self-starter with the motivation, commitment, enthusiasm and drive to define clear goals and execute plans to deliver against them.
- Creative and strategic thinker with flair for customer engagement and brand building.
- Minimum 10 years’ of experience in business development, sales, consulting, marketing or other client facing roles.
- Experience in account planning, managing and closing complex deals.
- Experience in managing a team to motive and drive them to bring out their best ability
- Proven ability to design, negotiate and manage execution of business agreements.
- Project management experience – ability to manage projects across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Good understanding of technology, internet, consumer electronics industry.
- Previous experience working with consumer electronics, retail and mobile industry is a plus
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.