What's your new role about?
WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
DAZN is a leading Media organisation, and 2019 promises to be one of massive growth thanks to serious investment and increased focus within the region. With that growth comes new opportunities and responsibilities to maximise the way in which DAZN engages with Japan’s programmatic trading environment.
We need to take our programmatic offering to a new level of sophistication, providing both improved media packaging for our partners, greater utilisation of proprietary data, and increased yield for our own organisation through both direct and indirect programmatic demand channels.
The role will mean broad exposure to multiple markets, platforms, and any relevant partners you may wish to introduce – you’re leading the way with our programmatic strategy!
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Increasing revenue from new and existing programmatic partners, through both Open and Private Marketplaces.
- Determining the overall programmatic strategy for Japan
- Working with the central product team, local operations and sales teams to implement the strategy
- Lead relationships with Agency and Third party trading desks and vendors such as The Trade Desk, Platform 1, Relaid, Unruly, SuperShip.
- Collaborating with Regional teams to escalate issues and to share learnings
- Feeding into Product Team to ensure local market requirements are considered when developing global roadmaps for programmatic offering across web, app and OTT platforms.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- 7 years’ experience in either Media Sales or for a Media Agency, of which:
- 5+ years working in Programmatic including regional exposure, and ideally experience leading a Programmatic Team
- Capable of communicating with Commercial/Technical stakeholders both Internally and Externally
- Experience with advertising and data platforms (DFP, and any DSP/SSP)
- A curious and sharp mind, with a hunger to always learn
- Experience working with or for and continued good connections with main agency groups and an understanding of how those agencies approach programmatic trading.
- A sales-minded approach to overcoming objections and providing solutions which benefit DAZN and its clients
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE DETAIL IF YOU’RE HUNGRY FOR MORE
- Building data-led programmatic packages for proactive launch into marketplaces.
- Working across different advertising and data platforms, including GAM, DV360, ScaleOut, SpotX and YieldOne, and others you may wish to introduce
- Maximising data partnerships through collaboration with Media Analyst and Product
- Driving fill rate and yield without compromising direct sales efforts
- Building, analyzing and communicating detailed metrics report for senior management
- Conducting periodic evaluation of programmatic strategies to identify new opportunities, and present recommendations for growth (i.e. new technologies, improved optimization, ad placement audits, etc.)
- Serving as a key member of the Sales team by helping support the direct sales team and acting as a senior voice within team meetings
- Providing insights into competitive landscape
- Evolving DAZN’s programmatic approach to market and messaging as the DAZN on platform advertising and sponsorship opportunity rolls out for the first time from 2019.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.