What's your new role about?
What’s better than writing code that reaches millions of users globally? Doing it with millions more in mind.
In 2020/21, we have even bigger expansion plans after successful launches in Germany, Japan, Canada, USA, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Spain & Brazil.
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud to show others? As part of a team, you'll be given the autonomy over the software built and given the choice to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
In return, we expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
- You're responsible for the operational health of your services
- You're empowered & encouraged to fix operational issues, i.e. there will be space for improvement work and bug fixes in the sprints
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft or just lengthening your years in the industry? Whether it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be getting better at DAZN.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Build a world class tool/system in collaboration with our advertising function; allowing team member to maximise revenue generated from ad placements on the DAZN platform.
- Create a tool which optimises processes across every aspect of DAZN's sales & Ad Ops departments
- Development and delivery of new features for our DAZN product
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support lifecycles
- Work to continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates to our customers across all platforms
- Support other developers with their day-to-day work
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- In-depth knowledge of Node.js
- Commercial experience working in a cloud-based environment (AWS)
- Experience designing and building Rest APIs
- Knowledge of asynchronous processing (queues / multithreading / multiprocessing)
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of AWS and services such as S3, ECS, DynamoDB, SQS, EC2, API Gateway
- Exposure to Infrastructure as a code (experience with Terraform / CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of Node.js design patterns such as dependency injection / inversion of control
- Familiarity with Scrum / Agile
- You’ll have access to our online learning portals and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
- Run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.