What's your new role about?
We are looking for an Assistant Producer to assist in maximising usage of FIBA Media produced content and the audience reached, and in the promotion of basketball. Events include the Basketball World Cup and major continental championships as well as a brand new European club competition, the Basketball Champions League which launched in September 2016.
The Assistant Producer is expected to use their creativity and passion for European and World basketball to create video content that engages fans anytime, anywhere.
You will be part of the production of content for 300+ live games per year (circa 109 days per annum). Working alongside both FIBA Media’s Communications and Production Team you will play your part in creating and designing media rich content and make a considerable contribution to shaping content strategy.
The role is full time and will require flexibility as the hours will include evenings and some possible weekend work.
Please note that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- To edit and deliver original, high quality content, producing pictures and graphics with creativity, energy and skill.
- To demonstrate editorial judgement and selection appropriate to service requirements
- To work with internal DAZN and FIBA Communications teams to ensure the timely delivery of content to its final destination
- Act as final QC on all digital content on game nights or across the week
- To develop an understanding of new technologies used in the delivery of multi-platform products and to implement the use of equipment needed to execute this
- To work well to tight deadlines and to offer creative and flexible solutions, in order to develop and shape the product and realise its full potential across multiple platforms
- To build and maintain a proactive and collaborative relationship with in-house teams, and have an understanding of technical and delivery aspects of digital media
- Develop the content and suggest new ideas for video treatments
- To play a central role in a regular product review process, including regular meetings with the Producer, Senior Producer, Head of Content and Product Owners
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience of sport production, broadcasting and VOD content
- Passionate about sport with strong editorial skills
- A willingness to quickly understand and ability to work across a large variety of sports and prepared to work to a flexible schedule driven by the demands of the sporting calendar
- Good organisational skills, ability to work under pressure, keen eye for detail and comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- Ability to self-cut on non-linear editing tools
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge and experience of Avid and Premiere Pro editing systems and export and upload processes – hands-on experience of non-linear editing and media management processes useful.
- Willingness to travel to sports events taking place around the world where required.
- Good basketball knowledge
SPANISH BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: Group Operations
- Reports To (title): Senior Producer
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Madrid, Spain
- Hours of Work: 40 hours, Monday - Sunday
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.