What's your new role about?
Do you love sport, 24/7, anytime, anyplace, anywhere? Then come and join the biggest sports broadcaster in the world as an MCR Operational Lead.
This is a key role within the DAZN Leeds MCR team where you will be relied on heavily to maintain high technical and operational standards and provide excellent service and value to the end user in a busy, live broadcast environment.
Supporting Leeds MCR, the day-to-day responsibilities will include the implementation of new workflows, improvements to current processes and the rollout of training. Communicating with company and third party sites in the UK and globally in a professional manner will be expected.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where no two days are the same. We thrive on the excitement of transmitting seamless major sporting events to our subscribers around the world. We are proud of our vibrant Leeds team at the helm of the broadcast arm of the business. So, if you’re also a bit of a chameleon who enjoys adapting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities, then this could be the role for you!
Due to our live sports schedule, this is a shift-based role so working hours are very flexible including nights, weekends, national and public holidays. Other benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
As our new MCR Operational Lead, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Contribution towards service design, implementation and documentation as directed, bringing a deep knowledge of Operational requirements
- Manage the successful and timely resolution of service-related incidents, ensuring that fault conditions are communicated in a timely manner to internal teams, customers and service suppliers. This includes escalations to management
- Consider service up time as high priority
- Ensure reporting is completed to the highest level and continually look for improvements
- Manage weekly incident meetings
- Leading the role out of new workflows, training plans and exception handling tests to maximise operational knowledge and efficiency
- Continually look for operational improvements to workflows and processes.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Significant operational experience working in a broadcast environment
- Proven ability to lead
- Must be familiar with broadcast system standards & measurements, e.g., SD/HD SDI, AES/EBU, MPEG/ASI, MPEG TsoIP
- TCP/IP & IP Multicast knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of satellite RF systems, and associated technologies, such as DVB-S/S2, NS3/4
- Self-motivated with experience in driving goals in meeting high SLA’s
- Ability to communicate efficiently & effectively
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in a live Sports environment
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.