What's your new role about?
As our new Data Analyst, you’ll use your data, reporting and analytical skills to help answer business questions to make DAZN a data-driven company.
Reporting to our Lead Data Analyst, you will work end-to-end on building robust datasets, creating data visualisations (dashboards) and responding to analytics and data requests.
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
Benefits will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Data Analyst, you'll have the opportunity to:
- work to create and maintain key business reports from across the business, including business trading, functional KPIs and platform performance reports.
- Ensure reports deliver new and actionable insights, are updated with changes defined by business stakeholders and migrate dashboards from existing tools to new ones
- use your SQL skills to build datasets which can answer business questions and enable other technical users to query to get answers quickly. You will update and maintain the datasets as business definitions or data changes (e.g., new prices, new sports competitions).
- answer key business questions from functions across DAZN (marketing, finance, product, operations, customer services) using data and analysis.
- collate, wrangle and query data from various data sources (e.g., Snowflake) to provide insight into what has happened and why. You can determine the best way to display, structure and visualise data, so it is easy to consume and understand. As you develop your skillset, you will apply statistical skills (measures of average, variance, distributions, trends analysis, outlier detection) to analyse data.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- 5 – 7 years of experience in working within data and analytics and experience leading a technical data team
- at least one year’s experience working as a Lead within data and analytics in a hands-on role.
- ability to solve stakeholder requests using data and analytics.
- a solution-based and active mindset with exposure to business stakeholders and an understanding of business requirements.
- high focus on delivery, both in terms of speed and quality.
- working knowledge of the analytics pipeline (how data is collected and stored in databases, gathering business requirements, data wrangling, data preparation, quality assurance of analysis and methods of delivery and visualisation)
- strong experience in data transformation, wrangling and statistical analysis using SQL and/or Python.
- experience in using data visualisation tools such as Tableau and Looker.
- desire to test and change the status quo and innovate.
Even better if you have:
- a strong interest in sports, both as a fan and as an industry.
- an interest in technology.
- enjoy working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- knowledge of conducting A/B testing.
- knowledge of advanced analytics.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.