What's your new role about?
Do you thrive in problem-solving, organising and fixing errors which don’t respond to “plug out and back in”?
Within the handball content services team, we will rely on you to ensure our produced content goes where it needs to go – and on time!
To achieve this, you’ll need a calm attitude, eye for detail and excellent collaboration skills. You’ll get to support an expert team in newly defining and managing all aspects of content production and its distribution – and create outstanding content for fans.
Collaboration with internal and various external stakeholders will help you to handle multiple work streams that will form the sound foundations for content visible on multiple digital channels and renowned broadcasters.
Through our long-term partnership with the European Handball Federation EHF, it’s marketing division EHFM and Infront DAZN has the chance to exploit worldwide media rights and change the way handball is brought to its fans.
During our 10 years’ partnership, our aims are simple yet ambitious:
- Deliver relevant and amazing content for broadcasters and digital channels
- Grow our distribution network and wake the world up to handball's best property
- Innovate with content & technology
You will be based in our Madrid office. There is just one thing we ask from you: as you’ll be working in live sports broadcasting, flexible working hours on evenings and weekends in line with live sporting events must be ok for you.
We’d be grateful if you would please send your CV and any supporting documents in English – many thanks!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Assist with the distribution of video content to multiple platforms for broadcast and digital
- Coordinate the distribution and successfully deliver all content requirements
- Ensure content requirements are communicated clearly between internal departments
- You’ll troubleshoot technical emergencies and offer alternative delivery methods to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with Product Teams and external providers on technical changes that will impact workflows as we are continuously evolving our streaming platform
- You’ll make sure testing and quality assurance procedures are adhered to
- You’ll enjoy following strict quality control checks on all content as well as advising on best practice to maintain a consistent approach across all tournaments
- Documentation and KPI reports of outputs
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Understanding of Video on Demand and distribution
- Experience of working in live production environment
- Confidence in using a CMS (content management system) such as Aspera – although we are using bespoke tools at DAZN
- Ability to problem solve and implement resolutions across multiple teams
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment with attention to detail
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience working with OTT platforms
- Interest in handball
- A determined, confident and proactive approach
- Experience of maintaining documentation
- Experience of working with multiple platforms
- Department: Content Services, Handball
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: Content Manager – Basketball & Handball
- Career Level: 2
- Location: Madrid - Spain
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: No
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.
To find out more visit: https://careers.dazn.com/