What's your new role about?
In this brand-new role based in Hammersmith, you’ll use your engineering skills to support our growing Applied Machine Learning team; prototype, build and deploy machine learning products that will directly impact the user experience.
In this role you will work closely with data scientists, architects and developers to deliver machine learning products into the DAZN ecosystem. You’ll have the chance to design and develop innovative solutions that are able to scale with DAZN’s rapidly growing platform. As a member of the applied machine learning team you will be exposed to every element of the pipeline helping you become an end to end machine learning practitioner.
Obviously, you’ll find cutting edge technology here too. AWS is our cloud service provider of choice and we use a range of services and resources such as Kinesis, Lambda and Sagemaker to ingest and process data and train our models. The team primarily works in Python and Scala and we’re keen to keep on top of the latest developments in the area both from open source projects and academic research meaning you’ll constantly get opportunities to develop your expertise.
Get in touch if you’re passionate about delivering innovative solutions, keen to apply your experience and develop your understanding of end-to-end machine learning systems.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Delivering projects in an agile, scrum-based environment.
- Work closely with data scientists to promote models into functioning systems.
- Deliver high quality code.
- Design and maintain cloud systems using infrastructure as code tools.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Advanced experience with software / data engineering in Python.
- Experience with version control tools and workflows (Git etc.).
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture, the services that are offered and how they can be used to facilitate our systems (prefer AWS)
- Understanding of machine learning principles and a desire to work on ML projects
- You need to have a solution-based mindset, with ability to experiment and iterate.
- Graduate of a STEM subject, with around 2 years relevant experience.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Previous experience working on data science projects.
- Applied modelling techniques such as supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning (particularly with graph-based frameworks such as pyTorch and Tensorflow)
- Certifications relating to cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Drone etc.
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global sports media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique product live in five territories, with more on the horizon.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and with expertise from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN features the widest array of live, on-demand and original sports content ever offered on one platform.
DAZN is available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, Italy, US, Canada, Spain and Japan on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.