What's your new role about?
The Performance Engineer will be responsible for the development and execution of performance related tests. A successful candidate will have a proven ability in understanding the software implementation and devising tests that push the components to their limits. Candidate will understand the impact of these tests on the platform and our external providers to enable the development teams to create robust and scalable solutions.
DAZN changing the way people watch sports forever, by putting the consumer first, providing more sport, no ads, no long contract and a single low monthly fee. As part of the DAZN tech team, you will play a lead role in this by designing and building world leading streaming services across web, mobile and TV platforms, working on new feature releases and evolving the next phase of our application framework. With a rapidly expanding company; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who want to help us build a strong engineering culture and a fun, vibrant workplace.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Understanding how the solution is implemented to find the performance weaknesses,
- Developing automated tests and supporting the team to deliver high quality product,
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation,
- Work to continually improve tests and workflow,
- Improving in new areas of technology,
- Analysing test results, reporting the anomalies and finding the cause.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Expertise in Python,
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol,
- Basic knowledge of statistics,
- Basic knowledge of AWS.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in Jenkins and GIT,
- Experience in a load testing scripting framework such as JMeter or K6,
- Knowledge of Bash language,
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development.
- We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- Benefits also include medical insurance, group insurance, Multisport card and flexible working arrangements.
- We also have a break room with PlayStation, table soccer, ping-pong table and massage chair.
- You can also enjoy breakfast and fruits throughout the week.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.