What's your new role about?
Are you ready to use your engineering and technical skills to be part of building our next generation global broadcast platform for live sports?
As Technical Programme Manager, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes).
You will be responsible for supporting our product and software development teams for Content Discovery to deliver new features across all platforms on DAZN, enhancing the current customer experience and making DAZN a world class service for our customers.
You will collaborate with internal teams across product, design, operations, finance, marketing, commercial and the executive team on the product requirements, and manage the technology strategy and technical delivery with both internal and external development teams.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
· Manage multiple internal and external software development teams to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video service
· Organise and facilitate daily scrums/ceremonies (planning meetings, end of sprint demos, retrospectives). Track and report on the progress of the sprint/overall project.
· Ensure business objectives are met and risks are managed, resolving technical problems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Collaborate with the Product and UX teams on the requirements documents, including wireframes, user flows and detailed designs.
· Working with the QA team to ensure all pre-launch defects are correctly prioritised and resolved in a timely manner to meet the agreed launch dates.
· Establish and monitor service level metrics relative to business KPI’s.
· Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process through hardware manufacture submission processes.
· Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the delivery.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices.
· A problem solver, with an ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in managing outsourced software development partners.
· Understanding of the challenges of launching product in multiple, non-English speaking markets.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
· Enterprise-level CMS experience.
· Content management product knowledge and relevant experience working in the software product development/management space.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
· Knowledge of end-to-end video delivery technologies an advantage.
Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org
· European or Japanese language skill sets.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills with all seniority levels.
· Strong knowledge of project planning/road mapping software
· In-depth understanding of issues/project tracking software.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.