What's your new role about?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries.
As part of one of our product engineering groups, you will play a lead role in this by helping to architect a world-leading operations platform used to manage the rights, scheduling and advertising related data that allows DAZN to deliver content globally across web, mobile and TV platforms. DAZN aims to create a first-class engineering culture and a fun and vibrant workplace. We seek applications from candidates who can work collaboratively, but ultimately can take ownership of complex technical decisions.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Work with product stakeholders to validate that requirements for new projects are consistent and clear
- Collate non-functional requirements
- Curate solution architectures, collaborating with product, engineering teams, and the wider architect community
- Participate in agile methodology ceremonies when invited and provide appropriate feedback
- Evaluate vendor solutions, where appropriate
- Engage with external partners and vendors, where they form part of a given solution
- Ensure that the changing architecture state is effectively catalogued
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- Demonstrable experience creating complex architectures involving a wide variety of systems and technologies
- Experience with formal design notations such as UML, BPMN and ArchiMate and appropriate tools
- Experience designing solutions mixing synchronous microservices and asynchronous, message-based approaches
- Knowledge of cloud environments and technologies, in particular AWS and services like Lambda, Fargate, ECS
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL storage technologies
- Knowledge of asynchronous data distribution technologies
- Ability to consider multiple stakeholder’s requirements in a rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of user authentication protocols
- (AWS preferably - in particular Lambda, Fargate, ECS), event-driven architectures and microservices
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE TOO
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience developing editorial tooling , content management systems, stream architectures and data distribution
- Understanding of Sports Rights Management
- Knowledge of with media streaming technologies
- Familiarity? or Experience on developing editorial tooling is a plus
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.