What's your new role about?
We have an exciting Architect opportunity within Product Engineering here at DAZN.
Specifically, this role is within our Operational Tools and Systems team (DOTS) where you will play a vital role in owning the architecture of our metadata, editorial tooling, media streaming and rights management platforms.
We broadcast hundreds of live sporting events each week, around the clock, and require scalable, reliable, solutions that form the backbone of our platform. The DOTS deliver these solutions.
DAZN is growing rapidly; growth within the team and opportunities to lead engineering initiatives are abundant. We need people who are happy to take ownership, enjoy solving complex problems and want to help us build a strong engineering culture of fun and inclusivity.
We’re now mostly a remote team, with only occasional office visits (post-covid) so we can get together, socialise and meet other people in the flesh. On average we'd expect teams to meet up a few times a month.
- Lead major changes to our metadata and editorial platform
- Design architectures using industry-standard methodologies and present to stakeholders
- Establish both functional and non-functional requirements of stakeholders
- Anticipate, and investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures
- Create concepts and documentation for new solutions and changes to existing systems
- Work closely with product and delivery teams to ensure the systems we build are delivered and conform to our architecture principles and standards
- Technically strong, solution-oriented with significant experience working with both third-party suppliers and in-house solutions
- Proven track record of solving complex technology and business problems
- Ability to understand complex business processes, practices and approaches
- Very strong problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of technology applications and architecture stacks within content management systems, event-driven stream architectures and data distribution
- Ability to communicate complex problems to all audiences
- The ability to lead and challenge respectfully
- Proven experience designing and developing large scale, complex, loosely coupled, high-performance architectures involving many moving parts
- Knowledge of Cloud-based systems, in particular, AWS, Lambda, Fargate, ECS, event-driven architecture and microservices
- Excellent documenting skills using industry-standard methodologies
- Ability to consider multiple stakeholder requirements in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum…)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.