What's your new role about?
Being the world’s largest and fastest growing sports streaming service, one of our greatest assets is the vast amount of behavioural and other data we have access to.
Within Data Science & Insights, our team of data scientists apply advanced techniques in machine learning to develop insights and understanding of our business, and build analytics and predictive models that are integrated into business systems and contribute to strategic decision-making processes.
We work with all our business areas across different strategic initiatives, such as Customer retention campaign design and evaluation, rights property valuation and performance tracking or optimal streaming capacity sizing and automation
As a data scientist within DSI, you will represent DSI and contribute to various strategic initiatives, which would involve varying responsibilities depending on the nature of the project.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Contributing to the data ingestion and transformation process by providing business interpretation and KPI definition
- Undertaking in depth data analysis to develop an understanding of drivers that affect critical business metrics (e.g. customer churn)
- Engaging with and presenting analysis and results to business stakeholders / working groups and feed into decision making processes
- Developing predictive models and analytics that are deployed in production environments and fed into business systems or visualisation front-ends
- Researching and applying latest developments in data science and machine learning algorithms, or adopt learnings from other industries, to continually refine and improve our own models and algorithms
- Implementing an efficient and reliable machine learning pipeline in SQL, Python or R
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- First couple of years’ experiences of data science or machine learning with demonstrated outcomes/decisions/optimisations
- Working with different business functions, e.g. Marketing, Product, Commercial, Market Research etc.
- Identifying, ingesting, interpreting and transforming new data sources to feed into analytics or models
- Using SQL to manipulate and blend very large datasets (tens of billions of records)
- Experience in transforming complex business data in an insightful way that drives better understanding of the business
- Experience in performing feature engineering to raw data to enable modelling tasks
- Experience fitting and tuning machine learning algorithms and statistical models in Python or R and deploying them into production (e.g. Random Forest, Decision Trees, XGBoost, SVMs, K-Means Clustering, t-SNE clustering, hierarchical Clustering, Cox Proportional Hazards, Multivariate Regression etc)
- Describing and presenting complex concepts in a simple and clear way to a non-technical and senior audience
- Working on and balancing multiple tasks with different deadlines and priorities simultaneously
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a STEM subject.
- Reports To (title): Lead Data Scientist
- Career Level: CL2
- Country and Location: Hammersmith, London
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: No
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
- You’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2500 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.