What's your new role about?
WHAT'S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As our new QA Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for our product quality, and Plan, design, and develop automated test flows for our microservice backend.
DAZN X was born out of DAZN Group’s acquisition of video streaming company TEXEL. DAZN Group is the leading global sports streaming platform, active in more than 200 countries, while DAZN X operates as its global business unit bringing new technology and expertise, and taking the fan experience to the next level.
DAZN X is also the group’s new technology innovation hub, a place for media-relevant startups to present their latest technologies to be reviewed and invited to partner directly through DAZN’s network.
DAZN X is here to revolutionize the sports viewing experience by making it more exciting and sociable, and to develop interactive and engaging content layers for fans, thus accelerating DAZN’s position as the world’s leading sports innovator.
R&D @ DAZN X
The R&D group is responsible for building and delivering the enablement platform for the current and next generation of media experiences in the fields of personalization, content interaction, and social interaction, all of which are at the core of Texel’s value proposition.
Key parts of the workflow are: ingestion, transcoding of various video and audio live/VOD assets, personalized processing, and distribution across the world to end-users, while allowing collaboration among users, all in real-time. The service built by this group will drive a suite of SDKs provisioned across several devices, including mobile, TVs, and desktop, used globally by the company’s customers. , a family-friendly community, the opportunity for flexible working, and full access to DAZN broadcasts.
As our new QA Automation Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Plan, design, and develop automated test flows for our microservice backend
- Develop and maintain existing Automation infrastructure, tools, and workflows
- Be responsible for product quality including component testing, E2E testing, scale, and performance
- Investigate and recommend innovative, automated test approaches for new features
- Participate in and contribute to our company’s Quality Assurance strategy.
- Keep engagement up with a high-speed development process and ongoing deliveries
- Take part in product design reviews to spot issues early on
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Hands-on experience in automation tests design and development
- At least 2 years of experience as an Automation engineer
- At least 2 years of experience in Python development
- A “can do” attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fast learner with an ability to pick up new ideas and approaches quickly
- Team player and ready to collaborate with others
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Linux
Even better if you have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience in networking (TCP/IP, HTTP)
- Experience in microservices testing
- Experience with cloud platforms services (AWS, GCP)
- Experience in CI/CD environment (GHA, Jenkins)
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience with Jira / Confluence / Xray
- Experience with database testing (preferably NoSQL database)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.