What's your new role about?
Why is it exciting to work on living room devices in an OTT company, you ask? The one-word answer is: Scale.
Quite simply, most fans watch live sport on DAZN using streaming devices or smart TVs of which Fire TV/Android TV have a lion’s share of the market. Meaning that the hard work you do in this role will be experienced by one of the largest cross-sections of DAZN’s customer base as they sit at the edge of their sofas enjoying thrilling moments from their favourite sport.
As Product Manager you will own the customer experience of watching DAZN’s premium live sport service on the Fire TV, Android TV and operator platforms. Your role will begin with defining, building and launching these apps from scratch to a global base of millions of sports fans in over 200 countries. Having launched the apps, you will be responsible for building world-class user acquisition and engagement experiences on these using iterative experimentation and learning.
You will be part of the Living Room Devices product squad, which comprises of product, design, engineering, data science, marketing and commercial experts. The best part about being a platform-owning product manager is that it allows you to work across and build 360-degree subject matter expertise in multiple areas of DAZN’s business.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Product Manager for Fire TV and Android TV, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Identify the key needs and opportunities likely to deliver the greatest return on investment for the business using the Fire TV and Android TV platforms
- Define the correct KPIs to track success, then create hypotheses and work with UX, Engineering and Data Science teams to rapidly test and learn what will have the greatest impact, through prototypes and PoCs.
- Once hypotheses have been proven, you will manage the delivery of initiatives into Production across all appropriate platforms, using an iterative and data driven approach
- Be the agile product owner for your assigned engineering teams, collaborating with and motivating them to deliver high quality output within timelines
- Partner with key stakeholders to help define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to develop product requirements and deliver a best in class digital video customer experience on Fire TV and Android TV platforms
- Represent DAZN in front of external partners and stakeholders using your excellent communication and negotiation skills
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Ability to build and assess business cases using supporting metrics and stakeholder input
- Strong agile product ownership skills including of writing clear requirements and prioritisation
- Quality delivery: strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail and ability to multitask in delivering work to high quality
- Evidence of managing and negotiating with 3rd party partners and suppliers
- Strong data skills, sound understanding of product analytics and drawing inferences from quantitative data
- Experience of experimentation, creating and testing hypotheses using prototypes and PoCs
Even better if you have:
- Product management training
- BDD and Gherkin skills
- Previous experience working with TV platforms or mobile solutions (Android TV, Roku TV, Apple TV etc.)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.