What's your new role about?
Driving the strategic agenda and business model of DAZN in Germany, Austria and Switzerland sounds just like the perfect work experience for you? If you are keen to be part of the continuing growth of a global sports media business, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As our new Head of Strategy & Business Planning (DACH) you’ll be deeply involved in reviewing, defining and ensuring the execution of major projects that span across all business verticals (e.g. programming, rights acquisition, subscription, operations, etc.). Your broad remit will include business partnering with the whole senior management team in DACH as well as with key stakeholders from DAZN globally. It’s an exciting role and an amazing opportunity – with one headline goal; make sure we focus our efforts in the most effective way to maximise the base of subscribers that are actively engaging with the DAZN service in DACH.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Working with the EVP Revenue, functional leads and the central strategy team to identify commercial opportunities and formulate local plans in line with DAZN’s overall strategy
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of the local market and commercial landscape; encompassing broadcasters, OTT players, platforms and content partners
- Building on the above, support the VP Consumer & Commercial Strategy (Global) & the EVP Revenue (DACH) in setting the agenda for the strategic projects that matter. These may be engagement led e.g. defining measures for specific customer cohorts, sports led e.g. rights portfolio analysis, or commercially led e.g. recommending pricing & proposition strategy
- Ensure customer centric approach is lived and breathed across a wide range of functional teams (e.g. programming, operations, product, subscription, or strategy)
- Ensure that novel insights with a strategic focus are communicated, understood and implemented cross-functionally within the DACH business
- Build robust business case, KPIs and ROI for each new “strategic project” that is initiated
- Identify areas to drive profitability for the region by creating efficiency, removing obstacles and improving processes
- Deliver overall strategic and revenue focused business reporting, such as monthly market planning & performance and quarterly business reviews to the Executive Board
- Ensure problem solving and recommendations are holistic, cross-functional, and based on sound analyses
- Provide a supporting role for all key strategic projects, e.g. rights acquisitions or broadcast distribution arrangements, keeping track of all administrative work and ensuring key deadlines are adhered to
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Significant experience in either Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, Investment Banking, Professional Services or In-House Strategy/Corporate Development team
- Experience of valuing a broad type of content, including sports and other media
- Demonstrable experience of utilising strategic analytical skills, including market situation/trend analyses, scenario planning, go to market / roll out plans and operational feasibility assessments
- Highly customer focused, from owning customer metrics (CSAT, NPS, Engagement, Churn, Settlement) to strategic plan development and implementation
- Solution-oriented and pragmatic approach to solve problems
- Pro-active and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational / collaboration skills with ability to interact with those outside of the immediate team to deliver preferred outcomes
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in the sports media and adjacent industries
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic/business acumen
- Entrepreneurial mindset with great leadership skills
- Willing to listen, try new ideas with a test, learn and adjust mentality
- Very good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent ability to absorb information and surface the essence to management within a matrix type structure
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or economics preferably with a focus in strategy/finance/business development or a comparable field of study
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Previous work experience within a subscription business
- Experience accessing data through dashboarding tools such as Tableau / Looker / PowerBI / Qlik
- Ideally practical experience in tech, media and/or sports industry
- Department: Consumer & Commercial Strategy
- Internal Job Title: Head of Strategy and Business Planning (DACH)
- Reports To (title): VP Consumer & Commercial Strategy (global)
- Career Level: CL4
- Country and Location: Munich, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...
- 30 days’ annual leave (pro rata), matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.