What's your new role about?
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT (BACKEND)
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
Benefits will include access to DAZN, an annual performance related bonus, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
Even better if you have:
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Expertise with NodeJS development and its eco system
- Expertise with SQL (MySQL and/or Postgres) and NoSQL (Mongo DB / DynamoDB) databases
- Excellent understanding of REST / SOAP API schematics
- Excellent understanding of HTTP Ecosystem
- Experience application tuning and bottleneck identification
- Expertise in using enterprise grade application monitoring (like ELK) and instrumentation stack (New relic)
- Clear understanding of CDN and its inner working especially EDGE networks etc.
- Excellent understanding on building secured systems. Securely transmitting information using - JWT, JWE, JWK/JWKS etc.
- Understand security best practices like Antiforgery token, Threat score modelling etc, OWASP guidelines
- Understanding on Request Load balancing (Sticky vs Stateless) etc.
- Good understanding of setting and configuring Reverse / Forward Proxy (Preferred NGNIX and Varnish)
- Prior experience on working with CMS systems and connecting to Front-end
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Distributed Caching frameworks like Redis, Memcached, Hazelcast etc.
- Experience in using container technologies like Docker for application packaging and running them on Cloud
- Experience in setting up CI/CD for application stack
- Expertise in test driven development and its methodology like Code coverage etc
- Experience in using code quality tools to measure and improve on technical debt
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT, SVN).
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.