What's your new role about?
DAZN is one of the fasting growing OTT companies in the world and stream over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries.
How would you like to be part of our new 24x7 application support team who acts as a single point of contact technical monitoring, communication and triage team in a new state-of the art support centre focussed on incident prevention, impact analysis and lightening quick incident notifications? Not only this, but you’ll also get the chance to expand your skillset and work with our unique OTT product as well.
We’re a dynamic, evolving ‘live’ environment where things can be hectic at times but what a rewarding feeling it is when you are at the reins of transmitting seamless major sporting events across the globe!
BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF
- Provide application support and act as first responder and carrying out level 1 triage to inbound customer incidents received to the DAZN support centre.
- Responsible for Incident Logging, providing business impact assessment, reporting, incident notifications and escalation to resolver teams in a quick and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting, providing 1st line fixes and escalating incidents as required, ensuring they are resolved within service level agreements or against agreed key performance indicators.
- Carrying out proactive and pre- live event and metadata monitoring checks on across our DAZN OTT product to ensure maximum possible uptime.
- Responsible for Level 1 monitoring (Business and Technical) and live event monitoring across the DAZN OTT platform and product using variety of tools.
- Being the point of contact for escalating issues when necessary.
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues on shift
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Application Support for Web/ Mobile Cloud based Applications
- Troubleshooting with; HTTP, Unix, Infrastructure, Web Applications (Apache, Node.js), Firewalls and load balancers
- Supporting Cloud-based platforms, ideally AWS, Cloud watch, ECS, Lambda and/or GCP, Azure, etc
- APM Monitoring tools like Check M, Nagios, New Relic, Datadog, Pager Duty, Logz.io, Conviva, Dynatrace,
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience
- Service management ticketing tools like Service Now
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent activities when incident occur, to drive performance to ensure communication, escalation, triage and reporting are all done within minutes of key incidents occurring
- Attention to detail to build, follow and update run-books, including deciding severities of our incidents and identifying customer impacts
- Have a fair understanding of web technologies and distributed web applications using variety of languages like Node Js etc
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, Applications
- Familiarity with basic ITIL
- Familiarity with Jira / Confluence
- Experience working in a global organisation
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries.
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories.
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles.
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.