What's your new role about?
You will be a key member of the TX team and a main point of contact for internal and external advertising entities. Primary duties will include managing the workflow across DAZN for delivery and placement of advertising, management of event format templated in WON and supporting the TX staff working on shift. The role will require a hands-on approach as new technology evolves and new processes and workflows are implemented.
This is a key role within DAZN transmission where you will be relied on heavily to maintain high technical and operational standards and provide excellent service and value to the end user in a busy, live, IP broadcast environment.
Experience in live sports broadcasting is essential.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be to manage processes and communication around the delivery of advertising through TX, provide support and documentation to Transmission Ops Leads detailing the positioning of ads and the resolution of issues affecting advertising and reporting back on the performance of ad delivery. Communicating with company and third party sites in the UK and globally in a professional manner will be expected.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage delivery of advertising placement in live transmission operations for All DAZN output globally.
- Oversee the management and accuracy of Event Format Templates in WON.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external partners to ensure smooth delivery of ad breaks in live.
- Strategic planning to ensure delivery of the highest quality output for the most important events.
- Responsible to ensure that all Advertising Operational Procedures within TX are up to date and fit for purpose.
- Coordinate specific production and advertising requirements with regional DAZN centres around the globe.
- Complete on air discrepancy reporting and adhere to set escalation processes.
- Help improve processes with management and engineering teams to guarantee the best solutions are implemented.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent communications. Proactively keep others informed, sharing timely information with the team, Manager and relevant people involved.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a busy, live, transmission environment preferably in live sports and with experience of leading a team.
- Knowledge of IP playout and distribution solutions, technology and protocols.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of file based media preparation and delivery.
- An Understanding of broadcast technology, transmission platforms and IP technology.
- Familiarity with IP diagnostic tools an advantage.
- Department: Group Operations
- Internal Job Title: TX Operations Lead (Advertising)
- Reports To (title): Transmission Manager
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: UK, Leeds
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: No
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.