What's your new role about?
Ambition. Inclusivity. Passion.
These may just be key words to some, but to us, they are vitally important. They form the bedrock of everything we do.
We are ambitious, striving to the be the best at what we do. We are inclusive, believing that everyone deserves a chance regardless of their background or situation. We are passionate, showing pride and commitment in everything that we do.
DAZN (pronounced Da-Zone) is a digital leader in sports media and we are growing. We've won some major sports contracts from Matchroom Boxing to the Women's Champions League and the Serie A and launched some huge partnerships with YouTube and SnapChat. We've just promoted someone internally in our Network Operations Centre, meaning that we need an NOC Engineer to come and join the team and have an impact on millions of daily users. You don't necessarily need to be the finished article, but you do need to have ambition and passion to want to learn and develop with the team.
Do you share some of our values? Come and work for a company that visibly acts with these values in mind.
As our new NOC Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be an integral part of providing network support services to all parts of DAZN's global infrastructure (including all offices and Data centres)
- Triage and investigate LAN & WAN fault reports
- Undertake network changes involving LAN/WAN/Firewall infrastructure
- Manage and maintain the Solarwinds monitoring systems (these report on the status and performance of DAZN’s network, ISP services and facilities).
- Handle faults and handle escalations through to resolution (including liaising with 3rd party suppliers).
- Maintain hardware serial audits.
- Manage of power usage and link utilization, running H&S/housekeeping checks at DAZN’s POPs.
- Maintain Confluence and technical documentation of NOC processes and procedures.
- Support co-location, customer backup network and ISP services.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Demonstrable experience within an equivalent technical support role.
- Basic knowledge of the OSI Model, switching and routing technologies.
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel, command line and system diagnostics.
- Basic understanding of Network Monitoring Concepts and management tools.
- Able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Able to assess faults, prioritise, respond and escalate accordingly.
Even better if you have:
- Proven track record within a NOC, IT or ISP environment.
- Previous experience in monitoring tools and protocols (Solarwinds, SNMP)
- Strong network diagnostic skills.
- Experience of using Firewall technologies.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.