What's your new role about?
Broadcast System Engineer will be part of a dynamic team supporting and maintaining broadcast systems.
The department in which this role is located, carries out support and maintenance of the live video streaming platforms and workflow management systems which operate in a 24/7 broadcast environment. Covering most audio/video related parts of the chain from signal acquisition, remote and local ingest to edit and IP based delivery.
As part of a fast-growing company, they will have a hands-on approach to support and delivery of major and minor projects. The role is well suited to Broadcast Engineers & Network Engineers looking to build their skills and experience across broadcast and IP based OTT workflows.
The successful candidate must be passionate about Broadcast/IT engineering, Networking, Editing and internet related media technologies.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Shift engineer supporting Broadcast operations
- Perform maintenance of Broadcast systems.
- Monitor platform systems and be responsible for the technical escalation process.
- Communicate with and provide technical assistance to MCR, Media Managers and Operational staff
- Participate in the delivery of major projects alongside project teams and technical specialists
- Manage and deliver minor projects within the broadcast facility
- Create and update documentation
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Projects & Installation – Wiring, System upgrades, Broadcast & Editing infrastructure installation & System specification
- Video encoding & File transcoding systems: Vantage, Amberfin, Content Agent (or related toolsets)
- VoIP, TCP & UDP experience.
- Networking and multicast experience within a live transmission environment
- プロジェクトと機器設置、システムアップグレード、 放送と編集向けインフラ整備、システムデザイン
- エンコーダー& ファイル転送システム: Vantage, Amberfin, Content Agent（類似製品の使用経験があれば可）
- VoIP, TCP & UDP の経験
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Confident with Linux operating system (CentOS, RedHat)
- Knowledge of Windows Domain Security and Active Directory an advantage
- Experience of IP contribution Mpeg Transport Stream Recorders
- Familiar with Cisco products CCNA & CCNP preferable
- Experience supporting Avid Pro-tools
- Experience supporting live broadcast systems, EVS, Evertz Dreamcatcher
- Ruby, SQL, HTML, Java Scriptの経験
- Linux OS(CentOS、RedHatを含む)の経験
- Windows Domain SecurityやActive Directoryに関する知識
- IP Contribution Mpeg Transport Stream Recordersの経験
- CISCO Switchesの知識・経験
- Avid Pro-tools のサポート経験
- 生放送システムの知識: EVS, Evertz Dreamcatcher
THESE ARE THE PERFORM COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE….
- Teamwork & Collaboration Working collaboratively with a group of people in order to accomplish a task or achieve a goal.
- Planning & Organising Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Drive & Energy Self–motivated and driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- Learn and Grow On-going drive for learning and ability to apply new knowledge and skills
- Customer Orientation Building and maintaining external and internal customer satisfaction with Perform products, services and expertise
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.