What's your new role about?
Is your next career move to lead a team which uses data, reporting and analytical skills to help answer business questions to make DAZN a data-driven company?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This is the perfect place to work if you are passionate about technology and want an opportunity to use your creativity to help grow and scale a global range of IT systems, Infrastructure and IT Services. Our cutting-edge technology allows us to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience and support a global user base and company infrastructure.
This role will be based in our brand new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer who is passionate about building modern, scalable applications, and will take ownership of the full product feature cycle from design to delivery.
The R&D group is building and delivering the enablement platform for the current and next generation of media experiences in the fields of personalization, content interaction, and social interaction, all of which are at the core of DAZN's value proposition.
Key parts of the workflow are ingestion, transcoding of various video and audio live/VOD assets, personalized processing, and distribution across the world to end-users, while allowing collaboration among users, all in real-time. This group is taking full responsibility for providing end-to-end social interaction functionalities on multiple platforms including web, smart TVs, iOS, Android, PlayStation, and Xbox.
As our new Senior Android Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Designing and developing our cutting-edge products, delivered to millions of sports fans around the world.
- Be an essential part of a team working in a fast B2C paste product delivery pipeline.
- Work with the most talented individual on features that cross platforms, languages, and protocols to deliver social engagement to sports fans.
- Learn from the best in the field, and teach others.
- Own the full product feature cycle from being a part of the product brainstorming through all dev cycles and up to take the responsibility for the feature when rolled to production.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of experience in Android Kotlin/Java development.
- Experience with RxJava development.
- Senior-level understanding of design patterns and architectures.
- Extensive knowledge in UI/UX development. Verse in 3rd party libraries and solutions.
- Senior-level understanding of server-client fundamentals.
- Senior-level understanding of multithreading. Experience in writing unit tests.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.