What's your new role about?
Do you want the creative freedom to make the product something you’re proud of? Our frontend teams are given the autonomy over the software they build and are given the power to select the right tool for the job to build a modern, scalable and resilient platform.
Is your current job allowing you to become better at your craft? Whether it's learning to speak at events, cross-training across the stack, learning to develop tools for other teams or gaining knowledge and ideas from some of the great minds we have here – you’ll always be improving at DAZN.
DAZN is one of the fastest growing streaming media services (OTT - Over The Top) companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 600 million hours of content and we are looking for a frontend engineer to join our journey!
Our team come from diverse backgrounds bringing different experiences, knowledge and ideas.
We’re responsible for various features on the platform (most of them are real time and synced with video). Such as: Pulse (if there is a goal in another match you are interested in - you will be notified instantly with an option to see it), Live stats (possessions, shots, passes, corners, etc.), in sync with the video to create fully immersive experience, line-ups, formations, key moments and more.
We’re also developing for web and tv platforms!
This role can be based in London (Hammersmith) with the opportunity for flexible working.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
A taste of our tech stack:
- We have micro-frontend architecture with TypeScript and React (various options for state management), most of our features are realtime (websocket), and our pipelines are based on Github Actions. From the backend side our features are mostly serverless with a node/typescript stack on AWS and we maintain IaC with Terraform.
As our new frontend engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Deliver high quality, robust and testable code adhering to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and development methodologies
- Contribute to comprehensive documentation that supports the development and support life cycles
- Continually improve software deployment to ensure iterative releases and rapid deployment of updates
- Experience optimising web applications including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility
- Work on large-scale front-end web applications
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers to help them deliver compelling user-facing products
- Share knowledge with other developers across the business
- Constantly seek out opportunities to improve our products
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Have worked with modern UI frameworks such as React etc.
- You're keen to learn new skills and acquire a breadth of expertise across tech domains
- Willing to share your experience with other developers and the ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
Even better if you have:
- React.js & state management
- Understanding of CI / CD, and testing approaches such as TDD.
- Experience with AWS and its services
- Ability to write unit tests
- Experience with New Relic monitoring tool
- Understanding of all aspects of software delivery (from designing to development, code review, testing, and operations)
- Pragmatic application of design patterns
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.