What's your new role about?
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will drive engineering excellence across engineering teams. You have solid and developed technical experience, a clear progression into management scope and a passion for driving high-performance teams composed by outstanding engineers. Sounds good? Keep reading.
Your role will be to build and grow teams that will deliver and operate live large-scale services that augment our user's experience. You will have experience of promoting an environment of freedom, trust, and responsibility, preparing and enabling your teams to excel on LiveOps, promote data driven delivery decisions, and help engineering teams remain aligned with the business in an Agile environment. You will monitor the projects delivery ensuring your teams successfully get their craft into production. You will know when to step in and when to let the team learn from their own mistakes, displaying good situational leadership skills. You will be a proven Coach and Mentor, able to grow each of your team members. As a leader, you will champion discussions across the whole DAZN as part of community-based sharing groups.
Your team - Monetization Platform
The team gives user’s access to DAZN membership through flexible offers and purchase models that fit their needs. They manage the services which power DAZN offers, promotion, revenue & billing capabilities.
They are based in Amsterdam, Netherlands, with people from all over the world
Benefits will include: access to DAZN, 25 days’ holiday per year, an annual performance related bonus, pension plan, medical insurance discounts, commuter allowance/ NS business card for those of you living more than 10km away from the office, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be:
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Making delivery focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Creating a culture of freedom and responsibility that shines through robust on time delivery and LiveOps
- Driving excellence across engineering teams by supporting modern software engineering practices, robustness and Continuous Delivery
- Recruiting and Inducting new members of your team
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Previous experience of managing engineers
- Strong abilities of prioritisation and project management as well as an understanding of business impact for various solutions.
- Experience working towards detailed product requirements and technical strategy aligned with business aims and objectives
- A Technical background with Deep hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating team members
- A Proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders inside a business across different functions
- Strong experience in working closely with multiple areas of the business to deliver software products in an agile environment.
- An innovative, flexible, calm and proactive approach
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.