What's your new role about?
A fantastic opportunity to devise, create and deliver content for the world’s most exciting sport in arguably the biggest sporting event in 2019, the Basketball World Cup.
In 2016, PERFORM (now DAZN) acquired the Worldwide rights to exploit all broadcast coverage of FIBA events for 17 years for the period 2017-2033. It is a significant step for the company as it now has the exclusive role to monetise all forms of media exploitation (including TV broadcast rights) and takes the lead role in managing all aspects of FIBA Media’s content production and distribution.
DAZN is seeking a Senior Producer to join the “FIBA Media” team, to assist the promotion of National Team basketball, including the Basketball World Cup as well as the European club competition, the Basketball Champions League.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- To assist the Executive Producer in defining, planning and delivering the FIBA Media Additional Content Plan
- To give guidance to the production team to deliver original, high quality content, producing pictures and graphics with creativity, energy and skill
- To supervise the video production staff and help make editorial judgements and selections appropriate to service requirements
- To work with internal DAZN departments along with FIBA Communications and Marketing teams to ensure the timely delivery of content to its final destination
- Work with FIBA Media production management to assist with staffing, budgeting and recruitment
- Act as final QC on all content and provide constructive and structured feedback to production staff
- To develop an understanding of new technologies used in the delivery of multi-platform products and to implement the use of equipment needed to execute this
- To work well to tight deadlines and to offer creative and flexible solutions, in order to develop and shape the product realising its full potential across multiple platforms
- To build and maintain a proactive and collaborative relationship with in-house teams with an understanding of technical and delivery aspects of TV and other digital media
- To play a central role in a regular product review process, including regular meetings with the Head of Content and internal departments
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Experience in leading a team of production staff
- A background in producing content for both broadcast and digital platforms.
- Understanding of technical and delivery aspects of broadcast and digital media
- Knowledge of Avid and Premiere Pro
- Excellent editorial judgement and international basketball knowledge
- Ability to develop the content and suggest new ideas for video treatments
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Confident manner with ability to lead a team
- Professional approach when working with clients
- Offer creative and flexible solutions to new products
SPANISH BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: FIBA Media
- Internal Job Title: Senior Producer
- Reports To (title): Executive Producer
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Madrid, Spain
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com