What's your new role about?
Here’s a question. How does leading and developing a top-calibre team to work on one of the biggest sports in the world sound to you? If this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, keep reading…
As a senior level producer with a love for basketball, you’ll also take ownership of all aspects of live and additional content for broadcast and digital that we produce for all FIBA Media stakeholders.
Your knowledge of basketball, combined with a creative eye from a background in TV production, technical acumen, strategic leadership and fluent language skills (English and Spanish) will put you in excellent stead to lead and encourage your team to create awesome content for our fans across the globe.
You’ll have the chance to nurture and promote a high-performing, collaborative and positive environment at our new production facility in Madrid as well as working with the commercial, marketing, publishing and social teams to ensure our content is standout and relevant to our customers.
Not only this, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to other European locations regularly and work with some of the best global talent in the sports media industry.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the weekly, monthly and seasonal content plan
- Oversee, with the assistance of the team, the production of live events, match highlights, features, interviews, documentaries and magazine shows.
- Manage the creation and production of content for on and off platform marketing and promotion.
- Track production budget and provide monthly budget reporting
- Establish and uphold FIBA Media and DAZN production values across all output.
- Maintain communication with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth production and delivery.
- People management of team, including rotas, holiday, contracts and HR issues.
- Train, develop and coach your team.
- Work closely with the Head of Content Production to oversee the smart utilization of global resources and identification of potential synergies across wider production business.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 15 years + senior level experience in a live TV production environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish
- First rate knowledge of and interest in basketball both locally and globally
- Understanding of broadcast and digital technology and workflows
- Commercial acumen and cost management
- Deep knowledge of the sports media industry
- Significant leadership experience, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growing business
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- A thorough understanding of the production surrounding world feeds for sport
- A good understanding of the technical processes involved in live sports broadcasting and program production (short and long form)
- Understanding of content production for OTT distribution
- Understanding of content management systems and delivery of media
SPANISH BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- We’re currently working on our benefits package, but this will include 30 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
- Department: FIBA Media
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To: Head of Content Production
- Career Level: CL4
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Hours of Work: 40
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com, Sporting News and Spox.com.
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.
To find out more visit: http://media.dazn.com