What's your new role about?
Are you interested in taking ownership for supporting all of DAZN’s broadcast infrastructure and technology that is transforming the way customers watch and interact with live sport? If so, then apply for the role of Head of Broadcast Support!
As the Head of Broadcast Support, you will have responsibility for managing a geographically stationed team of shift-based engineers that will do the following:
· Ensure all of DAZN’s innovative broadcast infrastructure and technology remains operational and continues to deliver an amazing service to our customers.
· When something breaks, either fixing, or putting a workaround in place to restore service as quickly as possible.
· Informing and keeping the rest of DAZN up to date on when things do break, and what is being done to restore service as quickly as possible.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with other critical teams both across DAZN and our partners and will build strong collaborative relationships with all of these essential teams. You will also be part of an exciting management team creating and driving an engineering strategy to transform the customer experience that DAZN delivers. You’ll play a key role in pioneering improvements in technology, better processes, and collaboration across multiple teams.
If this sounds like a challenge that would be a great next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you!
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Look after DAZN’s critical broadcast infrastructure and technology to make sure that the service remains on-air, and when it does break, restore service as quickly as possible
- Being a point of escalation for serious service impacting incidents
- Ensure that the key teams and people in DAZN are kept up to date on the status of the DAZN service
- Work with our key suppliers and partners to champion the delivery of an amazing customer experience for our users
- Be an inspirational leader of a geographically stationed technical team that will need to continuously develop and grow as the technology DAZN uses evolves
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Understanding and experience of delivering and supporting broadcast and network technologies. We use both traditional broadcast and OTT live streaming services, on prem and in public cloud-based environments
- Experience managing technical teams and driving a culture of continual improvement, and in particular, in a shift-based environment
- A track record of building relationships across multiple teams and seniority levels to deliver a collaborative working environment
- Inspirational leadership skills
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience managing operational budgets, and balancing between cost and ensuring service stays on-air
- Great communication skills and stakeholder management, in particular up to CxO level
- Service management experience in both an ITIL and DevOps environment
Here's a little more about us…
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work to indulge your passion for Broadcast Media. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
We work in small teams and give our people freedom and autonomy when it comes to the work that they produce. If you like solving technical problems and being part of new and complex ideas then this is the place to be. We have a Broadcast community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: http://media.dazn.com