What's your new role about?
Do you want to be part of a team that engineers a global product that’s used by millions of users daily?
DAZN is one of the fastest-growing OTT companies in the world and streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues, in over 200 countries. Since we launched in 2016, we have streamed more than 700+ million hours of content!
This role is for someone with experience developing advertising technology and wants to help lead DAZNs future advertising by assisting and guiding others. This is a hybrid role that combines engineering and advertising knowledge. You will be encouraged to use your initiative to drive ideas forward.
The AdTech team is responsible the expansion of video advertising across all DAZNs app platforms and is considered a key revenue generator for the company. For DAZN AdTech starts with pitch side cameras and goes all the way through to every user. We are looking for an inquisitive, adaptable and result driven individual with 2+ years’ experience in advertising and 3+ years working as a software developer.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage and deliver advertising technology onto our iOS video platforms across multiple devices with the player Engineering team.
- You will assist the video player team on the best direction to take in order to accommodate current and future advertising needs.
- Work closely with our ad product team to ensure we are meeting our business objectives.
- Use your advertising experience to ensure areas such as privacy, DAI, programmatic, OTT delivery etc. meet industry-standards.
- Anticipate and investigate issues and identify and initiate quality improvement measures.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Have an understanding of advertising technologies such as DSPs, VAST/VMAP, Dynamic Ad Insertion and its APIs integrations.
- Knowledge of video streaming technology such as HLS/DASH manifests and SCTE markers etc.
- Experience developing iOS player technologies.
- Some advertising industry knowledge.
- Experience developing of advertising technology
- Willing to document where needed in confluence/Jira.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages – Swift/NodeJS/TS/EME/MSE/RxJS/Java.
- Very good knowledge of Swift and unit testing
- Knowledge of RxSwift and UI automated testing
- Understanding of design patterns (MVVM, MVP) and software architecture
- Ability to steer through a high level of ambiguity by identifying key technical problems to prioritize.
- A track record of solving complex technology problems.
- Experience developing large scale, complex, loosely coupled, high-performance architectures involving many moving parts
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.