What's your new role about?
WHATS YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT?
As a Senior Product Manager, Next Generation Video Player you will be involved in the definition and continuous development of video player that powers our service globally. This includes player heuristics, playback orchestration, and encoding. You will collaborate with teams across product, playback, R&D, video architecture, and operations to define and deliver a product roadmap for DAZN video playback experience.
Based on strategic priorities, the Next Generation Video Player product roadmap will be shaped by your personal creativity, tenacious attitude and data-driven, analytical mindset. You will be able to evidence very strong product management skills as well as deep domain experience around OTT playback mechanism, various player types, configurations and implementations as well as presentation and delivery of ultra-low latency live video and VOD content on internet-connected devices.
In this brand new and varied role, you will have the opportunity to not only grow your strategic leadership skills but also play a pivotal and hands-on role on the technology definition, research and delivery side as our product evolves and is and is launched into new global territories.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Define product goals, KPIs, and requirements in an agile environment by understanding and prioritising end-user and business stakeholder needs to develop a strategy for developing and deploying the best in the market new generation of video player for live and catchup sport. Create user stories, wireframes and test cases to inform architecture, product development and QA.
- Manage the product backlog for all DAZN Players as well as the priorities of engineering, R&D, internal partners, third-party vendors, design and marketing to deliver effective and timely solutions while balancing technical dependencies, resourcing and other constraints.
- Analyse product performance and customer feedback. Assess customer needs and areas of innovation as it relates to video and audio playback across web, mobile and living room experiences. Prioritise bug fixes and new features that respond to customer needs and market opportunities. Iterate continuously on feature and functional enhancements.
- Closely collaborate with technical leadership to drive the roadmap for video players.
- Partner with 3rd party providers to develop a state-of-the-art video playback experience.
- Partner with other product managers to align user experience to deliver cross-platform features and capabilities.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Evidence of broad technical experience in video playback, encoding and various streaming technologies.
- Hands-on experience with various CDNs, with both low latency live streaming and on-demand delivery across multiple devices and strong technical skills to identify and debug all aspects of the video playback supply chain.
- Proven experience with A/B testing and user testing.
- Strong command of agile development processes and rituals.
- Excellent program organisation, product management, and coordination skills.
- Driven by personal insight, analytics, customer viewing trends and habits, and use these to drive continuous improvements of the product and create competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- A degree, MBA or equivalent qualification and relevant ongoing training and development
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme*
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Here's a little more about us…
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.