What's your new role about?
DAZN are seeking a candidate to join our Bookings team. As Bookings Manager, you will work within Broadcast Services and be responsible for the team’s accurate and efficient fulfilment of its duties for signal acquisition & distribution facilities of over 40,000 live events each year. The successful candidate must be passionate about sport & live broadcast, with previous experience of managing a resourcing team in a demanding operational environment. Our work is critical in ensuring that DAZN’s global 24/7 MCR, PCR & TX teams have every small element required to successfully broadcast every second of sporting content to all our consumers.
You will be responsible for managing the Bookings area through your reports and through the application of best practice and the most appropriate processes for the workload, developing your staff, ensuring the area has capacity to meet existing and future demand. You’ll need to quickly understand the requirements needed to deliver content to multiple products at the same time, without jeopardising any output. At the same time, understand how our global infrastructure comes together to lead your team to bring video signals in, direct them to local production centres and distribute as applicable.
We use ScheduALL scheduling system for all our device allocation, capacity planning and cost tracking.
The position will require you to work occasional evenings, public holidays and weekends, and travel to other DAZN operational areas in Leeds, Hammersmith and Bangor.
HERE’S YOUR ROLE BROKEN DOWN (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Ensuring the Bookings area has the capacity and tools to meet schedule requirements
- Work with the Broadcast Services Manager to measure and achieve service excellence according to dependent areas KPIS
- Work with the Broadcast Service Manager to define, measure and achieve Bookings Team KPIs
- Management of Team Leaders, Operational Lead and Team Assistant
- Lead the forward planning of resources against sports schedule
- Work with direct reports to create fast, effective quotes and plans for delivering new sporting fixtures
- Development of staff to meet agreed personal and organisational goals
- Escalation point for operational issues and final point for BAU operational decisions
- Main point of contact for new Rights and new acquisitions
- Work with Live Engineering and Service Delivery on the identification, categorisation of issues for swift resolution
- Liaising with key external & internal stakeholders to obtain required information for successful event delivery
- Managing daily workloads and responsibility with other team members
- Policing adherence to best practice within team
- Ensure processes are in place for all operational work and all team administration
- Ensure documentation is in place and regularly updated covering all Booking responsibilities and areas of influence and interest
- Demonstrable expertise in work systems and subject matter
- Tracking ingest costs & highlighting overspends
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Highly organized with a methodical data-driven approach to work
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Excellent motivator with positive outlook
- Financially astute
- Ability to deliver continuous improvement
- Ability to make balanced decisions
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to lead change and deploy workflows
- Professional attitude
- Excellent written and spoken English
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
- Previous use of ScheduALL or a similar scheduling system
- Knowledge of accessing video via IP, satellite & fibre
- Knowledge of sports production workflows
- Management of a small team.
- Experience as a subject matter expert
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Experience of working in a high pressure, tight deadline, production or transmission environment
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life.
We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So, if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry, and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team
DAZN – who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries.
- We are home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service
- DAZN is live in Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, the USA, Canada, and Japan.
- We guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- We work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution & commercialisation
- We run some of the world's most popular sports sites, including Goal, Sporting News and Spox.