What's your new role about?
You will be a key member of the TX team and a main point of contact for internal and external production entities. Primary duties will include leading the operations for transmission supporting the TX staff working a shift pattern 24/7, 365 days per year, working closely with the TX Engineering team and TX Manager to ensure an uninterrupted service is provided to the end user. The role will require a hands-on approach as new technology evolves and new processes and workflows are implemented.
This is a key role within DAZN transmission where you will be relied on heavily to maintain high technical and operational standards and provide excellent service and value to the end user in a busy, live, IP broadcast environment.
Experience in live sports broadcasting is essential.
The day-to-day responsibilities will be to provide seamless outgoing live broadcast streams to all end users and be responsible for the technical monitoring, resolution of issues affecting the channels and reporting. Ensuring all bookings, media and schedules received from incoming sources are processed in a timely manner before TX events and any on-air irregularities are captured and reported accurately to management. Communicating with company and third party sites in the UK and globally in a professional manner will be expected.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Manage delivery of live transmission operations for All DAZN output globally.
- Oversee the operational working practices within the TX team with up to 20 on shift controllers.
- Strategic planning of resources to deliver the highest quality of output for the most important events.
- Responsible to ensure that all operational procedures within TX are up to date and fit for purpose.
- Coordinate specific production requirements with regional DAZN centres around the globe.
- Complete on air discrepancy reporting and adhere to set escalation processes.
- Help improve processes with management and engineering teams to guarantee the best solutions are implemented.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent communications. Proactively keep others informed, sharing timely information with the team, Manager and relevant people involved.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a busy, live, transmission environment preferably in live sports and with experience of leading a team.
- Knowledge of IP playout and distribution solutions, technology and protocols.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Knowledge of file based media preparation and delivery.
- An Understanding of broadcast technology, transmission platforms and IP technology.
- Familiarity with IP diagnostic tools an advantage.
- Department: Transmission
- Job Title: Transmission Operations Lead
- Reports to: Transmission Manager
- Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
- Hours of Work: Mon - Sun 37.5 hours
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.