What's your new role about?
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. We are at the cutting edge of streaming technology, allowing us to deliver sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. DAZN’s Cloud based architecture unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience. This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that is pushing the boundaries of Broadcast and Technology.
The Enterprise Data Management function within DAZN is responsible for ensuring that customer, supplier and internal data can be effectively collected, organized and converted into quality information that can be used to gain useful insight into DAZN’s Daily Operations. As Data Engineering, Team Lead, you will support the on-going technical delivery of DAZN, a sports video streaming service, by owning the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will manage a team of Data Engineers that ensure high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This data includes customer personal data, service performance data, service usage information. You will be responsible for ensuring that data is accurate and accessible to the wider business and service delivery partners. You will lead the delivery of Data Warehousing solutions, working with the Product Manager and Solutions Architect to define the work for your team, and ensure that the team fully understand the requirements and are set up for success against the committed delivery dates of each individual work stream.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Build a next generation Data Platform on AWS to support DAZN’s strategic Data objectives
- Manage a team of Data Engineers and technical staff to deliver on business requirements and your data management strategy, including coaching and mentoring
- Take ownership of the data management processes for DAZN, ensuring change control of data is managed within the warehouse, and maintain the quality and accuracy of data at all times.
- Deliver new integrations and system infrastructure projects to expand the data available to Data Warehouse consumers across the business following development best practices
- Champion the work of your team by communicating success and improvements to ensure the business is aware of progress made by your team.
- Ensure any data sources added to our data warehouse as part of projects defined by other functional areas, meet our agreed quality bar and maintain standards with all external source providers.
- Own the resolution of a range of data platform support issues, including escalation and response reporting.
- Recruitment and induction of new members to your team who both compliment the current skills sets and raise the bar to build a high-performing team.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Degree in Computer Science or have worked in a Data Engineering role in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a fast-paced, data environment
- Proven experience leading successful technology delivery in a fast paced and dynamic business environment
- Excellent understanding of Cloud and modern Big Data Technologies (AWS, GCP, EMR, Glue, Hadoop, NoSQL), together with previous experience of working with cloud based data warehousing solutions (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience of administration of large clusters, understanding resource management on the AWS platform such as (EMR, ECS, S3, Cloud Watch)
- Experience with orchestration and docker based container services (Apache Airflow, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Experience in testing and CICD processes
- Strengths in problem solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with a flexible approach to work with changing deadlines and scope
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- AWS Real-time Pipelines – understanding of micro-batching using services such as Kinesis or Lambda
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices by coaching and developing skills for technical data engineering teams
- Knowledge of common development methods and tools (Agile, Jira, Git, Confluence)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.