What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a live-stream native app that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis? Would you like to be a part of a cutting-edge, talented and friendly team?
Join our Mobile Team at DAZN!
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans. Our new Hyderabad tech hub will be the engine that drives us forward to the future. We’re pushing boundaries and doing things no-one has done before. Here, you have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen - to make a difference for our customers. When you join DAZN you will work on projects that impact millions of lives thanks to your critical contributions to our global products
This role will be based in our brand-new Hyderabad office. Join us in India’s beautiful “City of Pearls” and bring your ambition to life.
As our new Android engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Implement new features with unit and automated tests & support existing features
- Take care of the health of the codebase
- Build a large app according to the Android-SDK standards (multiple Gradle modules)
- Design and deliver tools used by other teams
- Cooperate with teams across the entire company to deliver critical improvements to the whole platform
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in implementing Android application in Kotlin
- Experience in RxJava or alternative multithreading libraries
- Experience with writing unit (JUnit) tests
- Stay up to date with the Android SDK changes and trends
- Ability to propose, own, drive and implement initiatives from ideation until delivery and monitoring
- Knowledge of monitoring, remote config and experimentation tools
Even better if you have: (max 3)
- Experience with automated (Espresso + UIAutomator) tests
- Gradle or alternative build systems
- Familiarity with building automation and CI
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.