What's your new role about?
Are you a dynamic and energetic Design Manager who absolutely loves sport?
We are looking for a Design Manager who can creatively lead and manage the DAZN Creative team in Leeds. As a global team, we are responsible for delivering market leading creative across multiple platforms to help push forward DAZN’s global sports brands including DAZN itself, Spox and Goal. You will also creatively lead the activation of external brand campaigns via our leading football agency, DAZN Media working with some of the biggest names in sport. On a global level, you will be joining a team of 30+ Designers based across the UK, Australia, Japan, USA and Italy.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance,pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Managing and leading a team of Designers delivering bespoke and engaging creative content for a multitude of global brands across multiple channels
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of brand output for internal and external clients, whilst continually looking to improve and optimise creative direction and quality
- Working alongside, and building relationships with, editorial, social and commercial teams to oversee high quality creative solutions that meet the needs of client proposals and campaigns
- Collaborating regularly with the Head of Design and other regional Design Managers to ensure global brand consistencies, standards and directions are delivered
- Overseeing delivery of cross-platform creative for DAZN, Spox, Goal and a multitude of leading global brands
- Mentoring Designers and building a vibrant, inspirational and supportive creative working environment
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- 5 to 10 years’ experience working in the Design industry
- Effective leadership skills
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating a proven track record of producing high quality creative for well-known global brands
- Experience from previous roles in managing and mentoring people on a regular basis
- Experience in working directly with multiple brands and commercial partners within a creative agency environment
- Exceptional knowledge of existing design trends and platforms to be able to propose the most effective delivery of creative solutions
- Confidence in coming up with, presenting and showcasing concepts and visuals to director level stakeholders and clients
- Strong ability to work within, develop and create brand guidelines
- Ability to develop, manage and instil a design team culture
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Delivering work that forms a key part of commercial proposals and deals where additional focus is on key performance indicators (KPIs) and delivery
- A good knowledge of major sports and sports consumption, in particular Japanese and European football
- Graphic Design-based educational degree
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life Assurance and pension contributions up to 5%.
- And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
- Department: DAZN Creative
- Internal Job Title: Design Manager
- Reports To (title): Head of Design
- Career Level: CL3
- Country and Location: Leeds (UK)
- Hours of Work: Mon-Fri (09:00—18:00)
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes