What's your new role about?
We are looking for a Senior Employment Tax Manager to work within an expanding Tax team and reporting into the VP International Tax on a range of employment tax compliance and advisory matters across a number of territories globally.
This role will sit within the Tax function but will be a fairly autonomous role, working closely with all relevant functional areas (including HR, global mobility, payroll, legal, and finance) across the company to establish and support an appropriate employment tax management framework. If you have been looking for the opportunity to shape a role from the start whilst working in a dynamic environment, then this role is for you.
Against the background of an exciting, fast paced start up within the digital space, with a global footprint, you will be responsible for
· Acting as a primary point of contact for employment tax matters
· Establishing an employment tax governance and risk framework and overseeing its embedding, management, and monitoring, including setting key performance and key risk indicators
· Building an Employment Tax strategy alongside the Group Tax Director
· Overseeing employment tax audits and managing any complex employment tax audit issues
· Ensuring consistency in dealings with tax authorities on employment tax matters
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Providing employment tax advice and guidance to relevant functions within the business, including the impact of any relevant legislative changes (e.g. IR35), based on an understanding of the market and specific business area
- Working closely with the Reward team and our external advisors to obtain relevant and specific advice, with an ongoing review of level and appropriateness of service and service delivery model
- Reviewing and driving employment tax relevant input (as necessary) to policies and procedures, e.g. travel and expenses, benefits/recognition schemes, stock plan, engagement of workers, global mobility, international assignments, international payrolls, etc
- Supporting on employment tax aspects of business changes, such as acquisitions, new ventures, and activities in new locations
- Looking for opportunities for continuous improvement around employment tax management, and aspiring towards best practice, where possible and in line with the DAZN Tax Strategy
- Providing training to improve relevant stakeholders’ understanding and knowledge of employment tax issues and reporting requirements relevant to their area of work
- Supporting the deployment of appropriate employment taxes technology to increase compliance
- Managing the withholding requirements around freelancers globally including ensuring Accounts Payable are processing the invoices correctly and dealing with tax authorities where appropriate
- Undertaking employment tax compliance activities, including (but not limited to) the following:
o Managing the preparation of the PSA;
o Reviewing P11Ds (where applicable);
o Short-term business visitor reporting;
o Preparing employee share scheme returns; and
o Supporting payroll with the company’s UK and overseas employment tax obligations
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- ACA and/or CTA qualified with strong employment tax expertise across all areas of employment tax
- Experience of employment tax in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm
- Ability to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people
- Experience of building relationships with external (or other) advisers and consultants
- A highly flexible and measured approach to handling a large workload in an environment with rapidly shifting priorities and unpredictable demands
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.