What's your new role about?
Are you looking for a lead analyst role that will allow you to use your technical, commercial and stakeholder management skills to influence the growth of a fast moving and ambitious digital media company?
DAZN allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. It is available on a wide range of connected devices, including Smart TVs, personal computers, tablets, smart-phones and games consoles.
Our partnerships with technology platforms, telcos, broadcasters, sports teams and other brands form a key part of DAZN’s go to market strategy, and the Business Development team is tasked with growing and managing this ecosystem. In this role you will provide commercially focussed insight, data analysis and reporting to answer key business questions for the Business Development Team.
You will deliver regular, accurate and insightful reporting. Such regular performance analysis will slice our data by partner (e.g. Apple, Amazon, Google, Playstation, RoKU, Samsung etc.) by market, incorporating analysis against the size of installed base in market, DAZN’s own penetration against that installed base, engagement stats, sign up velocity, revenue / ROI and Lifetime Value (LTV) of subscriber.
You will lead analysis covering new market distribution and partner analysis: specifically, subscriber numbers and our position in market; audience sizing; tech fragmentation of the market; sports / content offering; customer proposition / brand positioning and reputation of potential partners. Using visualisation techniques, you will explain “the story” of our performance.
When you identify new data sets that are needed, you will work with the broader analytics and data community to obtain them. You will utilize the basics of data science (the right technique to answer a specific business question) and will use data tools that are built for you, to suggest avenues of improvement.
You will conduct business case modelling, for example, identifying key sport cohorts by market where we should be positioning our services for potentially high LTV fans. And, using historic data, you will forecast Partnership KPIs that will be used to measure improvement and help the company to budget and plan more accurately.
Finally, you will support our strategic direction in existing markets and new prospects for our Commercial Premises offering and act as the central point of contact within Commercial Partnerships to answer questions with data on an ad-hoc basis.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Provide accurate and insightful reporting and analysis on partner commercial performance
- Be the ‘go to’ data person when the Business Development team have questions about commercial performance, customer behaviour or the impact of events and marketing campaigns
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure all relevant data is accurate, up to date and accessible
- Pro-actively provide insights and recommendations based on your data analysis and modelling
- Work with the wider Marketing Analytics team to ensure the business has a joined-up understanding of marketing performance
- Manage a Junior Analyst
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Proven expertise generating insight from large and complex digital data sets
- Advanced user of analytical tools and languages including Tableau, SQL, Dataiku, Snowflake, Google Big Query and Google Analytics
- The ability to communicate insights to a commercial audience
- Pro-active stakeholder and project management skills
- Experience managing and developing a junior analyst
- Experience working with marketing and/or partnership teams
- Basic Data Science experience – e.g. building regression models using R or Python
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Worked with an international subscription and/or digital media business
- Analysed data from a wide range of digital platforms, including mobile apps, SMART TVs, set top boxes and games consoles
- Experience working on complex Data Science projects
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and help change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, everyone has the opportunity to make their mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
* Headquartered in the UK with 2,200 employees located in over 25 countries
* Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in over 200 countries and territories. You can subscribe to our global service at www.dazn.com
* We guarantee affordable access on most connected devices including smart TVs, set-top boxes, streaming sticks, smartphones, tablets, PCs and game consoles
* We work across every aspect of the way fans engage with sports; from production, through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity - where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. We actively discourage any photos, personal letters or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.