What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in 7 markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada and the USA and since we launched 2 years ago we have streamed more than 200 million hours of content!
We give our developers the freedom and responsibility to build, deploy and support their services in production. the Site Reliability Engineering team provides the tools and knowledge to help developers achieve that aim, through a well established development ecosystem.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE IMPORTANT STUFF!)
- Build and support the development platform
- Develop advanced tools to support developers all the way to production
- Develop reliability accelerators to help developers scale their services
- Review planned application architectures
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Know AWS like the back of your proverbially hand
- At least 5 years software development experience
- Has led the strategy for Site Reliability
- A deep understanding of containerised deployments and lambda based architecture patterns
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to others
- Experience with event driven / asynchronous architectures
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Track record of successful software delivery through all phases of development, code reviews, testing, and operations
- Experience with golang, other statically typed languages are avaliable.
- Experience optimising for high concurrency
- Understanding of live broadcast technologies is a massive advantage
- Worked on large scale web applications
Here's a little more about us…
HERE'S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
DAZN is a tech-first sport streaming platform that reaches millions of users every week. We are challenging a traditional industry and giving power back to the fans.
This is the perfect place to work for passionate and creative engineers. We use a very modern tech stack to stream sports content to millions of concurrent viewers globally across multiple platforms and devices. The architecture of DAZN is based on Micro Frontends and unifies a range of technologies in order to deliver a seamless user experience.
This is an ambitious project with a fast release cycle that has scalability not only from a user point of view but also from a developer perspective. Imagine a tech start up culture but with the security and backing from a well established content and media agency.
Our engineers work in small teams and are given freedom and autonomy when it comes to the code that they write. If you like solving technical problems then this is the place to be. We have a community that is here to help. Want to join the revolution? Learn more about us here: https://engineering.dazn.com/
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), matching pension contributions up to 5%, Travel Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme* and more.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.