What's your new role about?
Are you looking for the next step in your Technical Production Management career? At DAZN, we are changing the global sports streaming industry and in this role, you will work across exciting partnerships like the UEFA Champions League and Bundesliga, as well as a large portfolio of European Soccer & Global Boxing. You will work on our exciting world feed host broadcast as well as unilateral productions within the DACH market.
As you work across soccer and other sports, you will use your strong organisation skills and technical knowledge, experience in TV Production, and fluent language skills (German & English) to coordinate logistics and communications for these exciting projects. You will help to set up the technical requirements for all onsite production activities, plus support the Production Manager Team with their projects on a daily basis. You will work on UEFA and Bundesliga match days and may also travel and work at outside broadcasts where necessary.
This role will be based in Munich.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, Ticket Plus flexible voucher card, a family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Technical Production Manager (m/f/d), you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Create & distribute technical documents (e.g. talkback circuit overviews, technical concepts, VoIP solution manuals, power requirements and technical research) for multiple events
- Develop technical concepts in collaboration with the production managers
- Scrutinize existing production workflows and develop new ones to follow new technical trends & developments (for e.g. remote/cloud production workflows) and review these for integration into DAZN production processes
- Take care of signal distribution & talkback circuit workflows: Planning, booking and testing (onsite)
- Manage host Broadcast & unilateral productions
- Coordinate onsite production facilities
- Liaise as the key contact between the inhouse/operations and outside production departments
- Support he Production team in cost and revenue tracking of our HB/uni productions
- Lead improvements to quality management
- Support special and global projects (on occasion)
- Cover other Production Managers when out of the office
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in a comparable production management role or a comparable technical qualification
- Fluent German & English language skills (additional languages are clearly an advantage)
- Excellent understanding of technical processes involved in Live-outside and/or show broadcasting (previous working experiences with major sporting federations is an advantage)
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs, especially Excel and Power Point
- Excellent technical broadcast skills with a strong attention to detail to ensure high levels of accuracy at all times
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, working well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage own workloads and schedules
- Experience working towards tight deadlines and being able to think on your feet
- A hands-on Mentality: Candidate must be pro-active and highly reliable
- Flexibility with working hours when required
Even better if you have:
- Previous experience working on productions for high profile sports
- MS Visio knowledge
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.