What's your new role about?
Do you want to have an impact on a product that is used by millions of users across multiple devices on a daily basis?
DAZN streams over 40 different sports, from more than 300 different leagues in various markets including Germany, Italy, Japan, Canada, USA, Spain and Brazil (plus many more!).
We make learning a fundamental part of the job. Our software engineers continually share their expertise with their colleagues and the wider industry. We’re an active part of the technology community and put a strong focus on innovation.
Our people are dedicated, flexible and fast-moving, rising to every challenge that streaming to a global audience of fans brings.
This role is based in Katowice. Depending on your circumstance you may be able to work remotely or follow a hybrid approach. You will be part of an international growing team.
As our new Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop tools to assist our international dev teams with their work to support the DAZN 2.0 HTML app on new TV’s and set top box devices.
- Be part of a passionate team that own their area of the development of the product and champion ways of working in a scrum environment.
- Get involved with every step of a product's lifecycle.
- Work in an environment with autonomy where you will plan how to achieve goals that we are all working towards.
- Experiment with new technologies.
- Support and mentor other developers and team members with their day-to-day work.
- Knowledge of differences between browsers and experience in cross-platform development (TV / STB / gaming consoles).
- Ability to deliver efficient code and analyse performance.
- Willingness to do on-device development. Not always but often, you will also have to test your code on an actual device, like a PS5.
- Willingness to explore per devices SDKs, either via specific documentation, per-platform debugging or communication with external partner.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration systems (CI/CD) and good knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with cloud computing services and distributed applications (preferably AWS), as well as experience with BDD, TDD and Git.
Benefits will include:
- Access to DAZN streaming service
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Annual leave increasing by 3 days after 3 years
- Private medical insurance (fully financed by DAZN)
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme (Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny)
- MyBenefit platform (MultiSport and thousands of sports, culture or tourism benefits)
- Financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Family-friendly community
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Employee Assistance Program (psychological, managerial, legal and financial counselling)
- Free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind)
- Learning and development resources
- Access to our internal speaker series and events
- High-end laptops (Macs or Windows)
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So, if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team,you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
DAZN VALUES – THE ‘HOW’ IN WHAT WE DO:
AMBITIOUS – people who want to make a big impact and drive DAZN forward. People who move fast and make success happen.
INVENTIVE – people with bright ideas who deliver great new experiences for our customers – and improvements for our business. People who come up with better, simpler ways of doing things.
PASSIONATE – people who are proud of our product, out content and our business – and love to shout about it. People who love what they do and show commitment every day.
BRAVE – people who take difficult decisions to help us focus on improving DAZN, our performance and our results. People who will take on challenges no matter what is in front of them.
SUPPORTIVE – people who know that we achieve more as a team than as individuals. People value inclusion and look out for each other, helping their colleagues enjoy their work and develop their careers. People who consider others before making decisions.
At DAZN, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that values equality and diversity, where everyone can contribute and have their voices heard. This means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities.
Everyone has the opportunity to make change and impact our DEI journey by joining our ERGs: Proud@DAZN, Women@DAZN, Disability@DAZN and ParentZone.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.