What's your new role about?
Do you get as excited by marketing performance, direct response efficiency and incrementality measures as watching Messi complete a hattrick, Osaka fire down an ace or Hamilton squeeze another pole position in qualifying?
Do you thrive on optimising high-value conversions, know what it means to connect first- and third-party data into a marketing performance model and what it takes to be Multi-moment?
If you are one of Europe’s best performance and digital media marketers - data-driven, inquisitive, innovative, result-focused - and live and breathe sport as a hobby, then this is the role that you were born for.
We are fast becoming the world’s largest sports platform, streaming the most exciting events on the planet, telling the incredible stories behind the sports and allowing fans to get closer to their favourite teams and stars. Growing at breakneck speed (even post Covid), our next goal is to lay the foundations to become the world’s first global sports broadcaster.
We live to serve the sports fan – liberating them from the restrictions of legacy technology and business models – allowing them to enjoy their favourite sports whenever, wherever and however they want. All for one transparent and affordable price. And on a contract that they can cancel any time. This is sport on the fans’ terms.
We have a passionate and talented team of marketing and distribution experts who thrive in creating demand for the service - telling the stories of DAZN, the sports we carry and the purpose we serve via Reach media, PR, social content platforms and partnerships with the biggest stars in sport like Cristiano Ronaldo, Anthony Joshua, Neymar Jr and Marc Marquez. We strive for Brand Salience at the critical moments that matter – the 15 mins before kick off, the ring announcement, the first pitch.
You will captain the global in-house Acquisition Media team that converts this anticipation and these demand opportunities from all around the world into subscriptions and growth - as efficiently and effectively as possible – via Paid Search, Display, Social, UAC & Smart TV Marketing and SEO.
You will lead media-buying relationships with the world’s largest digital media platforms and with select agency partners. And internally you will collaborate closely with the Subscription Performance and Analytics, Regional Subscription Management and Acquisition Product teams.
You must have the passion and drive to work in a high-octane, disruptive challenger business whilst being a strategic thinker and a pioneer. Whilst we are rapidly developing our digital maturity – connecting hundreds of data sources, creating a single view of our customers, optimising our data propensity models, creating marketing automation - we know that there is a still a huge amount to do as we strive to become best-in-class and Multi-Moment.
Come and help us propel us into the one of the world’s leading entertainment companies.
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, access to learning portal, training and development and more.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Convert interest and consideration in our service and the sports we broadcast into subscriber growth. If DAZN is a football team. You are the star striker. Your job is to ruthlessly convert the chances that we create by putting the ball in the net – over and over again. And we only want the best.
- Adopt a widespread experimentation program to constantly find the smartest and most efficient means of getting sports fans through the door, sampling our experience and committing to becoming a long term member
- Lead, coach and develop a centralised in-house performance marketing team of search, display, social, app, smart TV and SEO marketers that obsesses over “test and learn” to find every available subscriber at the most efficient CPA
- Drive our direct relationships with the biggest digital media platforms - Google, Facebook, Amazon, Samsung, and Apple– to ensure that we are at the cutting edge of new marketing enablement technologies
- Assess budget requirements, consider our attribution and media mix models and define the digital media channel mix that optimises spend to meet our performance and growth goals
- Work with our campaign and product teams to deliver the most effective digital assets and build a scalable machine-learning marketing automation system
- Work with agencies, where they can help us be better than we can alone
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- You’ll live and breathe performance marketing and can demonstrate a track record of delivering subscriber growth by being a ruthless conversion machine
- You’ll bring work experience gained in a digital first, direct to consumer business
- You are exceptional leader working across paid search, display, social, UAC and SEO marketing and, ideally, have some experience working in new Smart TV advertising formats
- You have demonstrated experience managing a considerable multi-million budget across multiple territories
- You are tech and data savvy, being highly numerate and data driven within any decision marking, including having the confidence to work with and contribute to attribution, RoaS, econometrics, and incrementality studies
- You’ll be an innovator - bringing a data-led, test & learn experimental mindset to the team - about constantly seek out optimisation opportunities
- You work hand-on, with a practical, solution-oriented mindset
- Strong leadership experience, managing a global and diverse team whilst being available to mentor and support a constantly evolving team
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience in digital subscriptions, video and OTT
- Excellence in international stakeholder management – at DAZN, you’ll work in a multinational matrix organisation
- Track record sitting on a global marketing leadership team
- Department: Subscription, Acquisition Media
- Reports To (title): Chief Subscription Officer
- Career Level: 6
- Country and Location: London, Hammersmith
- Hours of Work: 37.5
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
UK BENEFITS INCLUDE…
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years)
- Single cover Aviva Private medical insurance*
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Matching pension contributions up to 5%
- Travel Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and more.
- You’ll also have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme.
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. There are no limits to what we can achieve. So if you want to push boundaries and change the world, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
Because for us, it's all about Limitless Ambition - never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers. We're growing fast and have made a big impact so far, and that's just the beginning. There's so much we can do. Working with us is exciting, empowering and truly global.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to succeed at DAZN. Come and join our team.
Who we are and what we do:
- Headquartered in the UK
- 2,800 employees in over 24 countries
- Home to DAZN – the largest, fastest-growing global sports streaming service live in Austria, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the United States
- In 2020, we will dramatically increase our presence, expanding to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Guarantee affordable access on all devices including TVs, smartphones, tablets, games consoles and PCs
- Work across every aspect from broadcast planning & production through to content distribution and commercialisation
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality, diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing the best people across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities.