What's your new role about?
In this brand-new role, our VP of Creative will lead multiple teams of creative, design and production talent locally in market. working closely with our internal stakeholders/marketing teams to bring ideas to life. You’ll manage the operational and production objectives for the team, overseeing all management, recruitment, client/stakeholder management.
Some international travel may be required as part of this role.
As a local in-house team, you will be responsible for bringing our all local communications/marketing briefs to life through creating and producing innovative, visually stunning, and effective creative. The department may be a mix of Creatives, Writers, Editors, Designers and Production staff, depending on requirements and scope of work.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Responsible for entire creative output of local creative team, working to brand guidelines and creative guidance from Central Creative, and client/ stakeholder needs including the local marketing team
- Ensure the department’s skill and knowledge levels deliver present and target future requirements of the business.
- Building effective production workflows in line with Central Creative.
- Ensure compliance with required safety regulations and policies
- Line management responsibility for the department - Creative, Design, Production & Operations
- Champion the concept of performance management throughout the department and establish an environment of coaching and feedback
- Responsibility for Salary Review for your group
- Oversee effective recruitment process to hire top talent and a culture of meritocracy lead, engage, support, develop and coach direct reports to manage their teams in a consistent and effective way
- Stakeholder Management
- Manage internal and external client relationship to deliver to their needs
- Work with internal/external client and peers to capture and plan future requirements/briefs/projects
- Financial Management
- Accountability for all dept. budgets, P&L, forecasting
- Develop and drive best practice in financial reporting ensuring efficient utilisation of resource and talent
- Responsible for managing departmental budgets, including purchasing, invoice approval, contract negotiation, variance tracking, long-term budgeting and goals
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at Head of Dept level within an in house Creative Team or Creative Agency
- Proven track record of successfully leading teams of managers and multi skilled teams
- Understanding the process of production of video and graphical production working to 360 briefs
- Fluent level English and Japanese
- Experience working for high end media brands to broadcast standard
- Experience managing budgets, P&L, forecasting, KPI setting
- Proven track record of fostering employee engagement and managing change
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Commercial experience within a leading Creative Agency/Broadcaster
- Experience working with sports brands
- Social security included (Health care insurance, Employee pension scheme, Employment insurance, Labour personal accident insurance)
- Annual Health Exams
- Annual paid leave of 15 days (pro-rated depending on the start date)
- Sick leave up to 7 days
- Relo club employee benefit package - (access to more than 50,000 services such as discounts in sports clubs, leisure facilities and physical exams)
- Company doctor (monthly inspection of office as well as stress check)
- Discount for every drink in office vending machines
- Free subscription on DAZN
- Access to free tickets for every J-league game and occasionally for other sports
- Paid commuting allowance up to 30,000 yen a month
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Here's a little more about us…
HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT US
In 2015, DAZN was simply an idea. Now we are a global media tech company with over 2000 permanent employees and a unique live and on-demand sport streaming service which is active in multiple territories around the world.
Our company is also home to some of the world’s most popular sports websites including Goal.com
, Sporting News and Spox.com
If you were to ask one of our employees what it’s like to work at DAZN you may hear words such as progressive, brave, dynamic, agile and fun. We have a team of intelligent, hard-working individuals who believe in our product and who want to support our common goal: to change the way the world sees sport.
Using world class technological infrastructure and the expertise of the very best talent drawn from the BBC, SKY, ESPN, FIFA, Nike, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Amazon and Now TV to name a few, DAZN is leading the charge to give sports fans around the world access to sport anytime, anywhere.
DAZN is available on nearly every connected device including TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs and games consoles.
The platform is going through a period of rapid expansion with further new markets to be revealed soon.