What's your new role about?
As our new Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for developing auto-scalable infrastructure solutions for consumer-facing products. We are looking for an engineer who will help the team transition to the next level and empower software engineers to develop great products while providing the guard rails and safety nets to protect the company's operational integrity.
The operation group at DAZN is responsible for supporting, overseeing, and maintaining DAZN’s platform for the current and next generation of media experiences in the fields of personalization, content interaction, and social interaction, all of which are at the core of DAZN’s value proposition.
The work of the operation’s team is horizontal interfacing projects, R&D, Sales, and Marketing internally in addition to the tight work with DAZN’s customers.
It is an exciting time to be part of our SRE team, which plays an integral role at the intersection of software engineering and infrastructure/systems engineering. The SRE team strives to make DAZN’s services secure, highly available, reliable, and performant to our community of users. The team has an outstanding opportunity to advocate and participate in building resilient services, optimally monitored, alerted, and self-healed by applying software engineering practices to operate the site.
As our new SRE, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Partner with engineering to design and build highly reliable systems and services
- Lead technology initiatives that drive scalability, reliability, and manageability
- Design and implement tools to build & facilitate infrastructure as code within the pipelines and environments in which the teams operate.
- Lead complex troubleshooting, including communication with customers
- Lead all aspects and successful in solving technical issues
- Provide T3/T4 support based on account type
- Be part of a 24/7 production support on-call rotation
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 2+ Years’ experience working with AWS (Certifications preferred)
- 2+ Years’ experience with Python, Go or Ruby, Shell, Bash.
- Expert knowledge of Linux internals and tuning
- Excellent troubleshooting skills that span systems, networks (TCP/IP), and code
- Expert knowledge in large scale web operations and web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configurations
- Experience with support tools: SQL, Supporting web applications, Scripting languages, Service now, Log monitoring tools like Kibana, NewRelic, Prometheus, ELK, Grafana
- Availability, Reliability, and Performance for Request/Response flows.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing dynamic environment
Even better if you have:
- Digital Video Specific experience
- Experience with K8s/Jenkins/Terraform/Python
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/Integration tools
- Technological background in QA or Automation
- Technical familiarity with APIs and software engineering tool
Here's a little more about us…
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.