What's your new role about?
As a Data Service Manager you will be responsible for supporting the on-going technical delivery of DAZN's sports video streaming service across web, mobile and living room devices (game consoles, connected TVs, Blu-ray players, and set-top boxes), by assisting the delivery of reliable, timely, and consumable data for operational use and downstream analytics and housed within our DAZN Data Warehouse.
You will be part of a service management team to ensure high quality data across multiple sources and platforms. This data includes customer personal data, service performance data, service usage information. Within the Service Management you will work within the structured service processes that ensure that data is accurate and accessible to the wider business and service delivery partners. As part of a team you will be required to help implement service controls over a fast pace business and an agile way of working. This is a great role for someone wanting experience of implementing a service layer and watching it mature over time.
Here's a little more about us…
As a Data Service Manager you will have the opportunity to:
• Drive Service Level Management, covering SLAs, Cost and reporting over the DAZN Data Management layer
• Help build up a CMDB and define asset details required for Service Now
• Work as a change manager driving the change review process, facilitating CAB and maintain an ongoing view over release managements continuous delivery
• Implementation of a manageable ‘Standard Change’ repository with a clear criteria-based entry
• Work with Data engineers in implementing a formal alert schedule and building the required dashboards needed for managing service
• Provide support of the day to day issues raised by all users of the EDM systems
You'll be setup for success if you have:
• Experience in big data and or service management in a data focused environment
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a fast-paced, data environment
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical information into business speak
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Experience in ITIL and Agile ways of working
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a flexible approach to work with changing deadlines and scope.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
Even better if you have:
• Excellent understanding of modern Big Data technologies (namely Hadoop, Kafka, NoSQL), together with previous experience of working within Cloud Based Data Warehousing solutions (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Snowflake).
• Expertise of common development methods and tools (incl. Agile, Jira, Jenkins, Rally, Confluence)
• Ability to work pro-actively with a hunger to improve service
• Experience working in a data driven environment with excellent analytical skills.
• Knowledge of the sports or OTT services sector would be beneficial.
• General interest in sport
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.